Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PO of my 89 1500 used Castrol 10/40 in it. He helped me change the oil last yr in his shop when I bought the bike.

It has 48,000 mi. on it and I was wondering if it was a bad idea or not to change over to synthetic oil. I used Mobil 1 MC oil in my previous bike and liked it real well.
Thanks for any input.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You can put synthetic in. Waste of money though. You could end up with some leaks as others have found putting in synthetic.
Just use Delo400LE 15w40 like many here use with many touring proven miles of great shifting, change at 3,000-5,000 interval, and only $13/gal at Walmart. More smiles per gallon!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can put synthetic in. Waste of money though. You could end up with some leaks as others have found putting in synthetic.
Just use Delo400LE 15w40 like many here use with many touring proven miles of great shifting, change at 3,000-5,000 interval, and only $13/gal at Walmart. More smiles per gallon!

Thanks newday, I had heard it would create oil leaks. I will look at the Delo

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Just to let you know, Delo oil is blended for diesel use and not really made for use in a motorcycle. I have used Castrol oil in all of me vehicles for over 50 years and never had a oil related problem in any of them. It really comes down to what you want to use.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

I have been using DELO 15-40 for two years now. My 97' SE shifts a lot smoother with the DELO.

Will NOT be going back to any other oil.

Change oil and filter every 3000 km.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.