Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just quick question that will have simple answer, before putting up for the winter I had some work done and they changed the oil . Now I want to change the oil myself but (I know I'm a dummy) can't find the drain plug. Friend of mine has 1100 and said it's up front by oil filter but I can't find it. 1984 1200i

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

chief43 wrote:
Just quick question that will have simple answer, before putting up for the winter I had some work done and they changed the oil . Now I want to change the oil myself but (I know I'm a dummy) can't find the drain plug. Friend of mine has 1100 and said it's up front by oil filter but I can't find it. 1984 1200i
chief43,

It is on the bottom of the engine about 3 inches forward of the right foot peg. . not easy to see because of the exhaust pipe..put your head under the right exhaust pipe and you will see the plug facing towards the rear.....

dean_3326 :12red::12red::12red::12red::12red::12red:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Boy took me about a 20 minutes to find mine also. Its there just hidden.

Pat

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for your help I would have been along time looking for it at the front.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The GL1100 is of course the same. 17mm spanner/wrench is what you need.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The drain plug for the 1100 is up front by the oil filter, as mentioned earlier. The one on the 1200 reminds me of the one on my old KZ1100...

Raymond

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

chief43 wrote:
Just quick question that will have simple answer, I want to change the oil myself but (I know I'm a dummy) can't find the drain plug. 1984 1200i
Hey chief43 :waving: Glad you got your problem sorted. :clapper: There are no dummys on this forum. Just ask the question and someone will have the answer. :weightlifter: As i have said many times before :jumper:the only silly questions are the ones that are not asked. :skipping:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

and what makes it especially fun is burning your knuckles on the muffler and getting hot oil all over your hands as you remove it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.