Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I'm a dummy...Of course I've never done mechincal things before, so I'm learning.

I am started work on my "new" '84 Goldwing Aspencape. I just drained the oil but silly me, I don't know where the oil filter is located or how to remove/replace it. I have the filter ready to go. Could anyone walk me though this. Thanks a bunch guys!! I love this forum, glad I found it.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

The filter is on the front of the engine at the bottom. It has an alluminum cover that has air fins. It has a 15 mm bolt through the center of it.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

Its right under the radiator, its easyer to get ofif you hold the filter housing against the motor wile you take the bolt lose.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

A picture is worth a lot... Be carefull and don't lose the spring and flat washer that are behind the filter. They go back in first..

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I figured it out and just changed it a few minutes ago...Thanks to all who helped!! A photo does speak a million words.

ANother question, how many quarts of oil do I use...I think 4 but not totally sure. I was looking for the manual online to download but haven't found it yet.

Thansk all!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

BTW, I am adding Seafoam to the crankshaft as well, so should I use less oil to compensate for the seafoam?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Correct oil is 3.8 quarts if I remember correctly. Yes you will want to account for the Seafoam and not over fill. You won't want to keep the seafoam in to long it is there to clean out the crack case then you will need to change the oil and filter again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.