Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a lot of work on my GL1100 and I thought that I'd pick up an oil dipstick off of ebay. My old back just isn't getting any younger and getting down and trying to check that little window, which I have never been able to see the oil in anyway, is getting to be a pain in the back, and then I thought "hhhmmmm I wonder if they are still available new?"

They sure are... at the JCWhitney website and the two I saw on ebay, [used no less] were going for more than JCWhitney wants for them brand new.

Regularly they are $42 but right now they seem to be on sale for $24.99. Now in my mind $25 bucks is a good price for something that saves me a lot of pain, ... not to mention dirty knees. ;)

here is the link
http://www.jcwhitney.com/CHROMED-OIL-DIPSTICK-KIT/GP_2005450_N_111+10211+600014612_10111.jcw

I've already ordered mine.
I just thought I would pass along the word to anyone else that might be interested.

[and no I get absolutely nothing from this and I'm not associated with them in any way but I like dressing up my wing and thought I would share what I think is a bargain.]

There's no such thing as too much chrome!!!! :dude: :cheeky1:

Not to poke fun at the 1500 and 1800 riders but ....

:cooldevil: :cooldevil: :cooldevil: :cooldevil:
all your bikes look alike, just different colors. now you take a 1000 or 1100 or 1200 and these bikes have style, looks, and personality. We can dress them up and make them an extension of ourselves. You all should get a real bike again and get yourself some personality too!

<ducking now> rotfl

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

J C Whitney has had them for sale at that price for over a year now. Why buy from Ebay when an online retailer is cheaper even with shipping? Some newbee's just don't get it at times and they don't shop around enough to find the best deals before jumping on Ebay and getting ripped off.

glad you found it before wasting you money on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
No jc

I have been all over their site recently and they keep coming up blank, no dipsticks for GL 81

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Kit fits all GL1000-1100. Just type in GL1100.

Here is another kit that is better than JC Whitney, but is more expensive. see : http://ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52527
I took off my JCW kit as it leaked most of the time. This one is better and my bike does not leak anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.