Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Gentlemen,

Have been buying Purolator oil filters from my local Auto Strauss for about $5. I think the model number was 16817. Made for Goldwings. I was told that they will no longer carry it. Is there any car filter from Purolator that will work so I don't have to get raped at the dealer? Thanks for info. Scope Down BH

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

How about buying the filter some where else like: pep boys, advance auto, meijer, sears, K-mart

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
imported post

There is a thread on here some where with all of the part numbers that cross reference common easy to find filters. It has a list of the maufacturers part numbers. I get mine from Carquest its' theirhouse brand made by Wix.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

From the Tips section:
GL1800 Aftermarket Oil Filters. Purolator ML16817, Napa gold 1358, Carquest 85358, Wix 51358, AC Delco, PF2135, Fram PH6017A and K&N KN 204.

Napa Gold 1358, AC Delco PF2135, Fram PH6017A, STP SMO17.

You might want to steer clear of that Fram filter. I'm using the Wal-Mart SuperTech ST6607 which is made by Champion. They are @ $3.00 and work just fine.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I've been using the Super Tech ST7317 from Wally-World which is made by Champion, and have always been happy with them. Also used them on my 1500 for years. Won't use a Fram on a MC, have seen the cartridge type collaspe and clog the passages, and their spin ons aren't really any better.:smiler:

Gene:action:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.