Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hi all,

yesterday i was going to put in new slides in my carbs as these before were patched with silicone. ran great for about 1000 miles then started acting as if it were running on 3 cylinders. so i figured the slides blew out.

replaced slides and started. ran better but noticed the plate that sits atop the 2 carbs, 1 was not putting out gas so replaced that also. ran great.synced carbs,all was great. took off centerstand, put in gear and went to take off, and it dies. probably going to have to pull carbs again and reclean.

while pulling carbs the last time, noticed some oil coming up from the bottom of the breather housing and some sitting on motor under carbs. a friend called it blow by and normal:X

thats not normal to me and i'd like to repair. but 1st. i need to understand what the heck it is.

please help,

mark:waving:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Blow -by is oil getting past the piston rings, and up through the intake. Basically, it means a ring job, though the bike should run, maintenance will increase, as plugs will be getting fouled, things will get oily, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

this is the motor that was locked up.may still have some rings stuck. whats best way to unstick without having to tear down motor?

and thank you,

mark:waving:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

I guess you could do the Seafoam-in-the-oil trick, can't hurt any!
Or was that MMO??? GURUS!

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
imported post

Z, WHEN U CHECK OIL, ( ON BIG STAND) CHECK IT WITH DIP STICK UNTHREDED, ALSO WHEN OIL IS CHANGED IT WILL NOT TAKE 4 QUARTS, 3 3/4, OTHERWISE ITS OVERFILLED, THEN IT GOES UP INTO AIR BOX

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
imported post

Z, BEEN THERE, TAKE AIR FILTER OUT, SPRAY CARB CLEANER IN THE HOLES AROUND NECK OF THE CARBS, OR PUT SEAFOAM IN TANK, TURN IDLE DOWN AS SLOW AS U CAN, TEN MINUTES, THEN GIVE A TRY, WORKED FOR ME

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.