Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking to buy a 91 GL1500 SE with almost 100K on the clock. The price is fair and the bike looks to be in good condition except for an oil leak from under the engine. Not sure what end it is coming from and am worried this could be a bad sign. It is not a big leak but enough to be concerned about.

Any clues where to look and what the most likely source of this problem may be.

One other problem is the the turn signals do not work all the time. I am guessing the lean sensor but I could be wrong.

Thanks

Bryanna:(

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi bryanna and welcome to the forum the only major prob for the oil leak is ifs in the gasket that joins the two halfs of the block together, other than that it may be as little as the rubber ring in the oil filter ,the washer on the sump plug, the aultonator seal, or just a loose dip stick if you can get the po to remove the carb covers and have a good look around you can see a lot by this

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Im curious now. How big is the leak? Agnogel is right with the possible leak locations. you should also look closely at the underside to see if the bike has bottomed out or hit a curb. Wipe the bottom with a rag to clean it up. use varsol if you have to so you can look for cracks in the case. My guess will be on the drain plug because not alot of people replace the seal on them.

What is the asking price?

what condition are the tires in? If you go to the main forum page here, you will find the faq section. I think in there you will find a compilation of tips & things to look for when buying different models.

Keep us posted & welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.