Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ive devoleped an oil leak on my left side jug (when your sitting on the bike)ive been hering a tap in there and if it sits for a couple a days it smokes on that side when i start it for about 5 min. now im getting some oil around the xhaust man. is it valve guides? (xcuse my grammer im a little buzzed 2nite)thanx in advance!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

What model Wing is this? Also, when you say oil leak, are you referering to the oil coming out of the exhaust If it's a GL1200, ticking noise is often a sticking valve lifter. On all the Wings right un to the GL1500, worn/dried upvalve selas is the usual cause of burning oil on startup.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

It's almost like doing a puzzle when the author of the post doesn't give the make ormodel of the bike.

We'll guess that you're working on a Harley because you mentioned "jug" and a Wing doesn't really have a "jug".

Now, if it were a Wing with the oil leak you state, my guess would be valve cover gasket, cylinder head gasket or shifter shaft seal.

Regarding the tap, need to know when it happens, just when cold, when hot or all the time?

Smoking after sartupis "typically normal" on occasion for a Wing as the oil seeps into the left cyliders and burns off after starting. This happens because of the flat four design of the engine.

Vic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.