Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have developed a small oil leak at the rear of the engine on my '77 GL1000. Can't tell what is leaking for sure. I can see that there is a plate with two bolts on it. Is there a gasket under that plate that would leak, or would it be somewhere else? It is just leaving about a 1 1/2 inch spot of oil on the floor when left over night. I just hate to see the old girl bleed like that. Please help!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I believe that plate is your clutch adjustment cover.There shouldn't be anything leaking out of there. I would look to see if it's coming from a vent or drain line .

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

It's pretty common to leak out the tachometer cable, where it goes into the fuel pump. there is a seal in there that needs replaceing, if that is where the leak is coming from? I'm just thinking it might drip down from there.

·
Administrator
22,275 Posts
imported post

Barnstormer wrote:
Can someone post what the problem and solution was please?!?

My bike has the exact same issue!

Thanks!

Hi Barnstormer, welcome to the forum.

You'd be better off just starting a new thread. I'm sure someone here can help you figure out and fix your issue.And a picture speaks a thousand words.

Most of us know how frustrating it is when someone doesn't post some closure on a thread. Keep in mind though, this forum moves veryfast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.