Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it normal for a goldwing to leak a little oil? On my 91 GL1500SE I now have about two oil spots in the morning after riding the bike and then it sitting in the garage. It appears the oil is coming from the front (plug??) are on the front left of the pan. I was wondering if this is normal or if it just might be a plug that needs tightening.

Thanks in advance.

Duffy

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If you are referring to a drain plug under thwe bike, pull the plug, drain the oil & go to an auto parts store & get a teflon ring gasket for the plug. You can use them a few times until they get squished, Than you need a new one.

there is also an "O" ring at your oil filter if you have the canister type filter housing, they will leak as well.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ok, I looked again and the plug area appears to be good, no leaks. However, the area around the pan ribs appears to have oil dropletts on them. I have wiped off as much as the old oil build-up as possible thinking that maybe it is just this old residue burning off. I can't see any cracks, but I'll look again with a mirror just to make sure. Any other ideas appreciated.

Duffy

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Might not hurt to scrub the whole area with a soapy brush & wash it down. Than let it run & try to see where it originates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.