Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a seal behind the alternator drive that is leaking, would anyone have the cross reference part number rather than go to HONDA I’d pick it up at the auto parts store?
1995 gl 1500 se

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is this the seal (o-ring) sealing the alternator to the block - oil leaking around outside of alternator, or the shaft seal - oil getting inside alternator?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting So the only thing holding the oil back would be the O-ring on the outside face of the alternator on the 95 model

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just unpacked the service manual for The 95 GL 1500
There is no oil seal behind Coupler A to the engine block
Coupler B to the alternator has an oil seal right behind that on the shaft For this particular year
I’m going to yank out the non-OEM Hitachi and reinstall my rebuild Compu fire with a new o-ring
I had that fellow in Indiana rebuild it haven’t had a chance to put it back in
Thank you for all the replies

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Coupler B to the alternator has an oil seal right behind that on the shaft For this particular year
I’m going to yank out the non-OEM Hitachi and reinstall my rebuild Compu fire with a new o-ring

Seal on shaft behind drive hub of Comp-u-Fire is Chicago Rawhide # 9878 or National # 471224

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I have a 1996 Honda Manual and the "oil seal" is shown in the manual. See attached.....!

In the parts diagram (Partzilla) that oil seal is shown (item # 8) for the 1996 through 2000.

However, it is only listed in the (parts list) for the 1998 - 2000 years. The same oil seal fits all years.....!

Not necessarily uncommon for this kind of thing to happen.......

Honda lists the right rear shock (boot) available separately for the 1988 - 1993. However, not listed separately for the 1994 - 2000. Same boot fits all years.....!!

Sometimes we need to think "just a little" outside the box...............:grin3:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts