Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With apologies to the wonderful researchers at the Shadow Forum, the information contained on the calsci site is just too good and useful not to pass around:

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Oils1.html

There have been lots of inquiries lately on oils (and my own on filter interchangeability) that can be addressed at the link. Don't miss the side menu that gives complete oil filter cross references for just about any year and make motorcycle.

I used the calsci info to put my VT1100 Shadow on Rotella Syn, and as soon as my Wing is due, that will be its diet as well.

If you've all seen this data, I apologize, but I have it permanently bookmarked in my computer's "Motorcycle" folder.

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Pretty good common sense breakdown. Some of it even made sense to me:shock::shock::dude::dude::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
Pretty good common sense breakdown. Some of it even made sense to me:shock::shock::dude::dude::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
That's what I liked about it. The site has no axe to grind or money to make; simple facts and evidence backed by objective research. Gets the emotion out of it;).

What impressed me the first time I read through it was the unconditional panning of FRAM products. Also noted that Champion manufactures three of the "top" name brand oil filters. Finally strips away some of the "brand loyalty" myths.

In any case, it's good reference material.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.