Discussion Starter #1
imported post

She's a little dusty but it's mine:clapper:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Great!!:clapper::clapper::action:Nice looking bike!!

I didn't have a clue how to do this until a couple of days ago.
Life is GOOD.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

She's a beauty alright- ride proud. Thanks for the advice on my radiator :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

THANKS GUYS!! Im thinking of loosing the driver backrest though as it feels like it is pushing me forward even when it is almost not even touching me. BUT i'll give it few hundred more miles to tell for sure. The pic really does not do it justice either. There is only one small scratch on the front fender. When it is clean and waxed ti does look like a new one.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I am still convinced the 1200 was the nicest wing that honda made (except for the poor alternator)

nice looking bike!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Damn good looking bike, it's so nice you ought to consider painting it green then it would be near perfect! I hope you can get used to the back rest, I tried and failed with the 1200 and the 1500. No matter where I set it I also felt like it wa either pushing me forward or so far back it didn't do any good. Also made it awkward for that woman who hangs around here.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

okay, one other grip about the 1200 my wife HATES the seat. it is her bike and she is tall... maybe it is the cramped leg position.... still think the 1200 is great though:1000darkblue::12blue:

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Before you ditch the drivers backrest try a set of Highway boards, feet forward the backrest takes the strain off your kidneys and actualy makes for a far more comfortable long distance run.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

PatinIdaho wrote:
THANKS GUYS!! Im thinking of loosing the driver backrest though as it feels like it is pushing me forward even when it is almost not even touching me. BUT i'll give it few hundred more miles to tell for sure. The pic really does not do it justice either. There is only one small scratch on the front fender. When it is clean and waxed ti does look like a new one.
Great looking Bike, looks very familar except for color...,,,,,,Give the backrest a chance. Now thatI am used to mine I would not want to give it up, and 2 bolts is no big deal if I want it off for some reason... It came with highway boards,, I took them off felt like I was doing the splits.....it is all up to the indivduals comfort...:)

Don't you just hate it when you get her all cleaned up and then go down a dusty road,,,seems like the wing just stirs up dust like crazy,,,maybe a front fender extension and a rear mud flap might help......:gunhead:

:12red::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Hey all. Yes the dust is a problem:?and if anyone ever says otherwise tell them to get a black :12black:. I live on the only paved road in the neighbor hood and work has a dirt parking lot so in never gonna win the war.

Pat

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Paul: IF the paint was bad i might consider painting it green. That dark metallicforest green on early 70's fords. I LIKE IT :goofygrin:

Pat

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

It has a front finder extension on it and man that helped ALLOT with keeping junk off the radiator:cheeky1:

Pat

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

The back rest is not a goner yet! I do like the way it supports you under hard acceleration:clapper:.

Pat

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Oh and if you cant tell i have resorted to CHEATINGgetto............HOLD ON HERE IT COMES

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

100 POSTS:goofygrin::clapper:

Pat

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

hey rcmatt007,

get atouring seat for taller riders, I'm 6'2 and sure, the 1200 has a cramped riding position, but I bit the bullet and bought a Hartco seat for 6'-6'6 ridersand now the bike rides like it should have stock. Like sitting in an armchair,and I'm sure your wife would loveit :cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

JOHNO wrote:
hey rcmatt007,

get atouring seat for taller riders, I'm 6'2 and sure, the 1200 has a cramped riding position, but I bit the bullet and bought a Hartco seat for 6'-6'6 ridersand now the bike rides like it should have stock. Like sitting in an armchair,and I'm sure your wife would loveit :cool::cool::cool:
Get some kind of seat other than the stock one,,,I could not stay in the saddle too long with it , my spine would go numb... I got a Corbin and I love it, I take the old ROHO Airhawk cushion for extra long rides,,,I like it better than the Gel cushions, It should be comfortable at over $100 for a new one....:shock:

http://www.rohoinc.com/recreational/index.jsp

now I just worry if I need more fuel........:D

:12red::cooldj:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.