Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Watercraft started as two seaters and now a lot of them are three seaters. Why don't they make a motorcycle as a three seater? Boy it would come in handy a lot of times but I don't know about driving it by myself.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

WAG #1: You're kidding, right? SOMEBODY'S got to be in charge, and the MIL would insist on having the intercom in HER helmet...or worse, a 3-way linkup!! :shock::cheeky1:
Watercraft don't really go anywhere of any real consequence anyway...and the intercom would always get wet & fizzle out...so...no intercom = no MIL :clapper:

WAG #2: Somebody has already done a market analysis, and concluded there is no profit - tiny, insignificant market. This is the most likely scenario, as we already have MCs with two rear wheels, and two front wheels, and totally enclosed MCs (cages)...with variations of the aforementioned, and MCs with skaty-eight engines, both 2 stroke & 4 stroke, that prolly aren't real big sellers...:baffled: :action:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Are those training wheels I see...on Doc Hopkins' latest creation??:baffled: :action:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

This guy that lived in the Corpus Christi Area of Texas, took his BMW I'm wanting to say it was a 1978 BMW R 100RT, He had the frame extended and added extra passenger pegs and had a custom seat made for it...It looked some what funny the one time I saw it..He his wife and their 10 year old son rode that bike every where together....The state said it was legal and he was able to get tags and insurance on it......

In 1980 him and his family were on their way to a motorcycle club ride, the Texas 300, in the Texas Hill Country..... That ride drew thousands of riders each year....They got about 75 miles from the base camp for that ride when an inexperienced female rider in the pack they were riding in, made a left turn in front of him trying to get into a rest area.....He "T" boned that new Honda CX-500.....It killed his wife. she flew off as that BMW stood almost straight up from impact, she hit the rest stop sign with her chest, Impact burst her heart..... That BMW owner and his son lived, but they were in the hospital for weeks.....

So according to Texas law, if you want to turn your motorcycle into a three passenger or more bike...It has to have either passenger pegs or floor boards and a seat for everyone....Someone has an extended Harley that pictures have shown up on this forum......

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
imported post

Hmm three seaters.. Husband, Wife on the normal love seat and a cradle board for the little papoose on the back. It should be a very easy mod. Just take the top off of your Trunk and cut two holes for the little ones legs to fit through.. Might have to fill the mold witha childs comfort car seat just to make it street legal. I vote for Eddie Bauer Comfort Seats, but for the price concious, the Graco brandis readily availible from WalMart.. If you want to be really slick, you could cut out the truck top and replace it so that it secures the child and foam fill the space surrounding the seat. Nice,safe and quiet.

FerrariMX5

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

fenry wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
Watercraft started as two seaters and now a lot of them are three seaters. Why don't they make a motorcycle as a three seater? Boy it would come in handy a lot of times but I don't know about driving it by myself.
;)Here 'ya go:

http://www.sturgis.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=32287
i saw both of doc's bikes at his harley davidson shop on wensday 07/29. the fourty-five (5 seater) was in his museum & the 10 seater was in the shop area still being worked on. they hadn't highway tested the 10 seater yet at that point with planning to leave for sturgis on saturday. he said the bike had the wheel base of a semi cab & about the same turning radius.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.