Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I found a 1988 GL1500 with 52k miles. It has CB intercom, cruise floorboards, toe/heel shift, swing out passenger highway pegs, corner lights, champaignish in color, drivers backrest and reciever hitch. Photos below:

So, what do you all think? I am already getting paperwork in order. Guess I'll be selling the 1200 if I get this one. I won't sleep too well this weekend!

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:Wendell

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nah!!! Don't calm down... just keep grinning like a cheshire cat and get all excited like when you were a young lad , on Christmas eve. Enjoy the moment and savour the feelings. :D:D:clapper::clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Once you get this one and take the junk off, the floorboards and H&T shifter, you'll have a great bike. Looks like it has the later model windshield bezel which is nice. You're lucky that woman didn't sit on the 'Wing or it would have been sold.:goofygrin:

You don't need any sleep anyway, just take a couple No-Doze and go for it!:cooldevil:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Everything exavid said except the floorboards and heel toe shifter. Give it a chance.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Once you get this one and take the junk off, the floorboards and H&T shifter, you'll have a great bike. Looks like it has the later model windshield bezel which is nice. You're lucky that woman didn't sit on the 'Wing or it would have been sold.:goofygrin:

You don't need any sleep anyway, just take a couple No-Doze and go for it!:cooldevil:
And maybe have it painted BLACK :cheeky1:

Seriously...............Go for it.

Tim :bat:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hey guys,
I love those floorboards and toe/heel shifter! I have a set on my 1200 and they feel great! Exavid, for some reason, everyone, including that woman, was drooling over the bike she is standing by. It was UGLY! It looked like a crotch rocket with saddlebags. No body was looking at the Goldwing at all. There was a fella trading in a 1994 1500 with 66k, but the dealer wanted $6999 for it. Somebody here on the forum was looking at a 1500 up in NE Ohio that was listed on Craigslist and wanted (IIRC)$6500. I even went to an auction in Urbana, Ohio for a 1989 1500 with 60k. It went up to $6600, but it had a sidecar. Had I won that one, I woulda taken that sidecar off and sold it. One problem was that there would have been holes in the lower fairing. Man, this is going to be a long weekend. Wendell

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Was Wannabewing wrote:
exavid wrote:

And maybe have it painted BLACK :cheeky1:

Seriously...............Go for it.

Hey Tim,

know what would be cool? Ever though about figuring a way to light you "bat signal" on your bike with a black light? It would be an eye catcher! Wendell

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

erxkeel wrote:
I can't see the pics! arrghh!
erxkeel,

I think I read somewhere to clean out you cookies and try again :?:?

Not a hunnerd percent on that though! Wendell

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

Wendell wrote

Hey Tim,

know what would be cool? Ever though about figuring a way to light you "bat signal" on your bike with a black light? It would be an eye catcher! Wendell

That's a great idea, I think I have a couple hundred LED's around the batcave here...somewhere....Off the the engineering dept.

BTW what is the dealer asking for the one you want, or did I miss that ??

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Great looking bike, can't wait until it shows up on your atavar:cooler:

Keep on Winging :bat:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Tim,

They have $4999 on it. I may try to get it down about $500. I'll wait and see!

Wendell

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I am going to be too lazy to do a search about the Avatar. :DWith that said, how does one get it put on ones profile?:baffled::baffled:

Wendell

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wendell wrote:
I am going to be too lazy to do a search about the Avatar. :DWith that said, how does one get it put on ones profile?:baffled::baffled:

Wendell
That is easy mate...... you struggle away for a couple of days trying to reduce the nice picture, until you get really hacked off, then you cry for help on here again, and send it to someone clever and they reduce it to fit for you, then you put it in easily..... just like I did for mine. I never change mine, for fear of mucking it up and ending up without one!!!:doh::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

Wendell wrote:
Tim,

They have $4999 on it. I may try to get it down about $500. I'll wait and see!

Wendell
Keep us posted, sure looks nice.......Do you have to wait till Tuesday, as a lot of shops are closed on Monday ?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks Silverfox,

I will attempt to reduce a photo and make a run at it.

Hey Tim,

the shop here is open on Monday. Luckily, my bank has a hotline to get all of the information in on the weekend. Of course, the test ride will be the deciding factor. The salesman gave me some kind of lame excuse about it being too cold out yesterday. It was made VERY CLEAR that there would be no sale if a test ride by me could be made. Salesmen aggravate me to all ends (the exception being a certain salesman here on the board-hint: 4x4):cooldevil:. I'll post as to how it goes. I haven't even mentioned to the wife that the usual maintnenace stuff (timing belts, tires, etc) will need done this spring! Wendell

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I find that passengers only need information on a "need to know" basis!!!:cooldevil:

I agree Wendell, test ride or no deal!!!:whip:and just as he thinks he has a deal signed, hit him below the belt with the discount thing, plus the demands for service and extras!!!!!!:arguing:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Wendell wrote:
Exavid, for some reason, everyone, including that woman, was drooling over the bike she is standing by. It was UGLY! It looked like a crotch rocket with saddlebags. No body was looking at the Goldwing at all. There was a fella trading in a 1994 1500 with 66k, but the dealer wanted $6999 for it.
A '94 with that mileage in nice condition could easily go for $7000 around here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.