·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Magic Moderator
4,398 Posts
There has to be some unreported info, this found in another article:
During the trip, the pair also had assistance from other gas-powered crew support vehicles. A Mercedes Sprinter van, as well as a Ford F350, transported additional battery banks to allow electric top-offs of the LiveWires.
I don't believe 3rd world nations have the electrical infrastructure that the US and other nations have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't think Idaho has the electrical infrastructure that the US and other nations have. :-D

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,845 Posts
I don't think Idaho has the electrical infrastructure that the US and other nations have. :-D

Is Idaho no longer in the US? :unsure:

·
Magic Moderator
4,398 Posts
it's more like a PR stunt by HD, in an actual real world condition without support vehicles, back up battery packs and generators the bike is a flop. You don't see vehicle connoisseur like Jay Leno putting this bike in his collection especially when he actually uses them.

·
Administrator
24,845 Posts
Maybe but McGregor does this sort of thing just to see if he can.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Idaho IS different...it's GREAT! People actually smile and say "hello" in the restaurants, grocery stores, and on the street. Very different from most of the country nowadays. Riding there is a pleasure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've seen three charging stations and that's my concern. A 150 mile round trip to civilization and back is not uncommon and finding volts in our small towns would be an issue. You'd be hard pressed finding someplace to recharge. Maybe there's an app for that! :) For years my commute to work was 130 miles alone. Try that when there's a good chance of cruddy weather and you can't charge issuing that lightning strike. Just not practical here, unless you live in our few larger big cities.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Carry solar panel array in the trunk?

·
Administrator
24,845 Posts
I've seen three charging stations and that's my concern. A 150 mile round trip to civilization and back is not uncommon and finding volts in our small towns would be an issue. You'd be hard pressed finding someplace to recharge. Maybe there's an app for that! :) For years my commute to work was 130 miles alone. Try that when there's a good chance of cruddy weather and you can't charge issuing that lightning strike. Just not practical here, unless you live in our few larger big cities.

Most electric vehicles are not made for trips or long commutes. These bikes probably would have barely made the 30 mile trip I used to take to work. I doubt they will sell very well anyway, they are not loud enough for the die hard harley rider.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Out here in California on I5 there are Charging stations set up Between SF and LA. Tesla put them in at Harris Ranch must be 15 charger's lined up in a corner of the parking lot. I asked a guy about it how much it cost how far he could go, and so on. He said he payed up front when he bought the car and Tesla has them in certain area's and it took about 30 min. to charge. Said he liked to stop and have a break, there is another one down before the Grapevine near Bakersfield. All I have to say is I like my motorcycle and my pickup, I will not be paying for any Electric car. If your ever around here stop at the Harris Ranch for a meal,
IMG_1533 (1).JPG
some of the best food around but do bring your Wallet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts