Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Ok, Arkies and Okies. It is time for a fall ride. Next Friday will be a perfect time to meet in Wilburton, Ok. This is the Fall Festival. Car show, food vendors, Or we are open to suggestions for another site. Lets meet up somewhere that we can ride together.

EDIT:
The annual Robbers Cave Fall Festival in Wilburton includes over 200 arts and craft vendors, delicious food and drinks, amusement rides and an entertainment stage. The festival also features the Fall Foliage Cruise, a pre-1984 rod, custom and classics car and truck show on Saturday. This car show annually attracts 500 of the finest rods, customs and classics from the multi-state region and across the nation.

DATE CHANGE!!!!
Friday, not Saturday, ole man wethuh changed the rules.

·
Administrator
24,517 Posts
Sounds like a plan. We haven't had a RTE in quite a while.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys. It is in NOT in Talaquah. The festival is in Wilberton, Ok. at Robbers Cave state park Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway we can meet up at McDonalds in Wilbeurton. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave can you change the name of this thread? Maybe to Okla. fall festival. Or something other than Talequah.

·
Administrator
24,517 Posts
Dave can you change the name of this thread? Maybe to Okla. fall festival. Or something other than Talequah.
Done. Isn't that the place we met a few years ago and ended up not actually going to the festival?

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done. Isn't that the place we met a few years ago and ended up not actually going to the festival?
Thanks Dave.
Yes same place.

·
Administrator
57,688 Posts
IIRC,

The McDonald's restaurant is a good place for us to meet up?

this I do believe is doable for me, I am putting this on my Calendar.

what time for us to meet up ? 11:00 ?
that is 2.5 hour for me to get there.

2:45 for Dave and about the same for OKC area....

Let's do this, which day are we talking about?

The annual Robbers Cave Fall Festival
Fri, Oct 18, 9 AM – Sun, Oct 20, 5 PM

Robbers Cave State Park
4575 Northwest 1024th Ave, Wilburton, OK

·
Administrator
57,688 Posts
I added this to the 1st post

The annual Robbers Cave Fall Festival in Wilburton includes over 200 arts and craft vendors, delicious food and drinks, amusement rides and an entertainment stage. The festival also features the Fall Foliage Cruise, a pre-1984 rod, custom and classics car and truck show on Saturday. This car show annually attracts 500 of the finest rods, customs and classics from the multi-state region and across the nation.

·
Administrator
24,517 Posts
Thanks Dave.
Yes same place.
I remember traffic was backed up all the way to 270 so we down rode to Talihena and had lunch.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I should have included the day in my first post. Saturday is best for us. I only mentioned McDonalds because that is where we met last time. Where we meet is not important to me. I don't remember lunch in Talahina but we had to eat somewhere. ??? The weather should be perfect for a fall ride. Are we there yet? If we end up at the festival grounds we can eat lunch there at one of the food vendors. Just meet at up McDonalds.
Yes 11:00 is a good time.

·
Administrator
57,688 Posts
Sorry I should have included the day in my first post. Saturday is best for us. I only mentioned McDonalds because that is where we met last time.

Where we meet is not important to me. I don't remember lunch in Talahina but we had to eat somewhere. ??? The weather should be perfect for a fall ride. Are we there yet? If we end up at the festival grounds we can eat lunch there at one of the food vendors.

Just meet at up McDonalds.
Yes 11:00 is a good time.

That agrees with my thoughts, and also what I posted up on Facebook.....
although, the FB post has not as of yet, attracted any comments.

IF, the lines on the highway are not all jammed up, maybe we will actually get to see some of the Festival?

I think that the McDonald's is a good place to meet, all 3 highways come together at that location.

·
Administrator
24,517 Posts
Friday would be good for me. Had looked at the weather and it doesn't look good Saturday.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts