Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Having worked a long time for one of the world's largest ibuprofen manufacturers, you should do a web search on the recent studies published about how ibuprofen impacts men.

Around the age of 60ish something, I twisted a knee very severely, I was prescribed to use 800mg of Ibuprofen twice a day until the pain subsided.... I suppose at the time, no alerts had been noted on this issue.

not that I was concerned of that particular problem anyway.... my son had been married for many years by that time.... :grin3:

at 75 y/o now, I still use 400mg once in a while to let my muscles relax so I can get some sleep. :|

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
If you have to deal with someone who has PTSD it helps to know how it affects the brain. A good book to start with is "The Body Keeps the Score" by Van der Kalk. You don't need a degree in medicine to understand it but be prepared for some ugly reading. He points out some nasty things people have done to each other.

Sadly the brain doesn't have a reset switch on the back of a person's neck to restore factory settings.

Alzheimer's disease works by destroying the brain from the outside in leaving what is often called the reptilian brain to the end. It's the part of the brain that keeps the heart and lungs going when all intellect is gone. The loved ones suffer more than the patient.

Taking on totally new mental activities is supposed to help, along with a good diet and exercise. The problem is that by the time we suffer the disease we're too set into life patterns that don't encourage change.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
If you like ebooks, check out bookbub.com. They send out a daily email of book deals. I have about 650 books now, most of which came from their daily email with about 95% of them being free.

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If you like ebooks, check out bookbub.com. They send out a daily email of book deals. I have about 650 books now, most of which came from their daily email with about 95% of them being free.

:surprise: Thanks Larry, just signed up for that eBook club.

Now I can load more on my Kindle than our Amazon Family Allowance of 10 books will let me do..... we have to share with 3 of us..... so it is a bit of take a couple, and bookmark the others....

Going on vacation next Tuesday, going to take book or 3 with me while I sit under the trees on the beach!!! :grin3:

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
41 - 47 of 47 Posts