Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a heads up on Oldbikebarn.com. I gave these guys an order for a caliper piston on Aug. 7th, they took my money immediately and I still have not received the part. I have tried to call many times with no answer. No response to e-mails. My bank has returned my money but the case is still in limbo because the Company has not responded to them either. BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!:(

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

That's what I didnt want to hear. I ordered the water pump seal kit and timing belts and an oil filter from them last week, the money is still in limbo, no answer when I call, I sent them an email this morning, but all I got was an automated response. I hope there just having computer trouble or somthing

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,252 Posts
imported post

Please go to GSMacLean's site and file your experience in his Vendor database

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

As much as I hate bashing a company, everyone does need to be aware of this place. I saw this posted a few days after I placed my order with the Old Bike Barn, I called the bank who promptly put the money back in my account, but the Old Bike Barn submitted a larger amount to the bank, since the bank only goes by the amount your contesting, it went through. It is now Oct. 3 and I still haven't received any parts or communication from them as to there status. Just be aware

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

I ordered a front master cly kit from them, received it in about 10 days.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmmmmm, I called them, phone not working. Sent emaila, no answer?????????

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

A mere 6 weeks after my order was placed and money received by Old Bike Barn, I finally got an email from them with a tracking number stating my order has been filled and shipped. :X Naturally, I had just bought some of the more necessary parts from another vendor because my bike has been torn apart since I originally ordered the parts, but at least they have sent them :?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem about a month ago, after ordering a caliper rebuild kit for my Honda Hurricane. After finallyreceiving a refund, Ireordered with BikeBandit.com. They were just a slow to deliver, but at least I got emailsconcerning the status of the order. Still, it took about 3 weeks to get the part.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I think if places like Old Bike Barn and Bike Bandit were to publicly state that they are merely drop shippers, this wouldn't be such an issue for everyone.

You'd know that they don't keep stuff in their own stock, your order comes in, they search the system for where the part is available, and send the order on to that warehouse/retailer to ship to you.

Sometimes the parts are harder to find than others, sometimes the only place that some old stock items can be found is buried in the back of a warehouse owned by someone who just doesn't give a flip enough for the old parts, or for the occasional business of the drop-shipper, to go looking for them until they're back in that area of the warehouse...thus taking longer to get them shipped to you.

The up-side to places like Old Bike Barn and Bike Bandit is that you don't have to spend hours on the phone, or tap out 1000 e-mails searching for whatever widget you need for your 1980 Interstate before finding it. Those places know where to search, and do all that leg-work for you.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't think they drop ship most of their stuff. I've ordered several times from Bike Bandit and got good service. The reason I don't think anything I've ordered was drop shipped is that the package had some of their offers and a Bike Bandit decal along with my item. It doesn't seem likely they'd mail that stuff to their parts source for them to insert it into the order.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I may be wrong Paul, Bike Bandit may not be 100% drop-ship...And come to think of it, I've received stuff the same as you...with their stuff in the box, but I have received a few drop-shipped things through them as well.

I don't get upset with a vendor when it takes time to find parts for my 30 year old bike though. It's not their fault I own a dinosaur as far as Honda's concerned...Some of those parts aren't available at all anymore...some are limited to what is left on the shelf at the moment, wherever they happen to be hiding, and once they're gone, they're gone.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Make no mistake guy's, I don't get upset when parts take time to receive, except in this case, you must remember, I never received any notification that they even received my order, no response when I emailed them and no response when I tried to call them. If the parts are on back order or are just hard to find, I understand, but don't ignore the customer, they had no problem taking my money, so why not communicate with me, that just leads me to believe they are not respectable and are just taking money from people. When I receive an order on my site, it's shipped out within 3 days, drop shipped or not. there is a tracking number sent, and should they order ANYTHING I cant deliver, they get a full refund, usually within 2 days, that started happening on my lingerie site too often, that is why we closed the site and are liquidating inventory. But to just take orders and money and make NO attempt to notify customers is just plain B.S.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

The Big Dog wrote:
A mere 6 weeks after my order was placed and money received by Old Bike Barn, I finally got an email from them with a tracking number stating my order has been filled and shipped. :X Naturally, I had just bought some of the more necessary parts from another vendor because my bike has been torn apart since I originally ordered the parts, but at least they have sent them :?
update, I recieved 1 timing belt and the wrong oil filter. No seal kit, still need the other belt, no reply from Old bike barn :X

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.