Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My brother found an old Goldie in a garage. A '77 parked in '94. Mice were supposed to have gotten to the wiring. Just corrosion to the battery cables. I'm doing this by remote control for now as I haven't been there, yet.Where is the shaft for the accessory kick start lever? Yes, they had them. I haven't dealt with any Goldies in so long. I retired eight years ago and I'll get back up to speed with this one. I may pull the '73 CB500 four out of the back shed. I'll have to make it a trike. The polio has taken my leg strength. Any old manuals taking up shelf space? I need them. Talk to y'all later. Mike

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Welcome OkieRoller , im not up on the 77 but someone should be along soon with a manual for you.
Also many posts and tech. info. on getting an ole girl back up after sitting for years.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Mike and Welcome . If I understand , you want to find the accesorie manual kick lever . If it is still with the bike it will clipped/strapped into one of the Faux Gas Tank side covers . Open the center (top )Faux tank door . About midways front to rear there should be a large thumb wheel . Unscrew that and the side cover will lay open to expose wiring ect . The Kicker originally was mounted to one of the covers . I want to say its the left side cover but I may be wrong . Best of luck in reserecting this fine old Goldwing .

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

you are right i think mike, either in the side cover of the tank or stuck in a clip on the frame after you open the side cover, the kick startr mechanism is on the right rear of the engine, there should be a rubber plug in the hole, it kinda sticks out a little from the rear of the engine

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.