Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The system says I've never posted, but had an account here for years. Always checked here for helpful tips and info, I guess I've never posted anything! Owned a 1995 25th Anniversary Edition Aspencade since 2013. Have a matching trailer, loads of accessories. Just over 62,000 miles on the clock. Been my baby and dream bike since I first spotted it when it was 1 year old and I was 18. I was fortunate enough to work for, then become friends with the owner of the Wing, and when he moved on to another bike (a dark side trike) I was able to purchase this gem. Been a wonderful motorcycle.

Wife had a Honda Shadow, then she moved up to a Victory Vision - which ended up being too much at low speed maneuvering for her. The impetus to do something different was when our youngest son (19) crashed her Shadow.... she decided that a GL1800 Trike was what she needed. Long story really short: We purchased a 2004 GL1800 w/ California Sidecar on Ebay that wasn't represented as reality (they copied an ad for a 2012 unit that had all the features we wanted). Received the bike, was total crap. Tried to work thru the seller, that went nowhere. (BTW, Ebay Vehicle Protection Service is only for vehicles less than 10 years old, and is not in any way comprehensive). So, formal complaints lodged with several State agencies - and we're involved in a major bike repair/renovation.
So far, we've done tires, Front fork rebuilds, wiring harness repairs, removal and cleaning of a rats nest (in the airbox), getting ready to go through the complete braking system, and wife is dilligently working to remove and repair all the corrosion and rust (she's doing a great job). At the end we'll have a really nice 1800 trike, so trying to not go crazy with the fact we were royally screwed. Getting a LOT of first hand experience with the 1800 (very intimately familiar with my 1500, interesting to see all the differences).

Anyways, been looking, reviewing and getting a lot of good out of all the forums here for many years. Wanted to say hey - tell a bit of my story, and add to the conversation.

·
Premium Member
58,949 Posts
Hallo Jalensi

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Howdy, and welcome from another "old guy" that is new here as well. Well, I really don't claim to be very old, just old enough to get my senior discounts!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks. I've now found where I've been a member since August 2013, which corresponds perfectly to when I purchased my 95 Wing. I will try to post a link here to a short video of it. I will also try some pics below of the 04 Trike. We'll see how it goes! :cam:

Oops! Guess I have to have at least 5 posts... so we'll get there.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts