Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all!
I bought my first bike, 1974 Honda 550-4, back then. Rode for many years and then life/marriage/kids happened. I just bought an 85 GL1200 on the cheap and it rides like a dream. I don't think the previous owner stored or covered the poor thing as it was pretty dusty. Now begins the labor of love as I'm searching for a clutch reservoir, or if the fluid window can be replaced since it's cracked and leaking. It's great to be back on two wheels.
Alex

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Welcome from North Dakota

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, Welcome from Clermont, Indiana

That being said you should post this on the Goldwong Technical Forum and The for/sale forum that is where all the GURU's hang out and they may be able to help you.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:49ergoldrush

·
Premium Member
73,557 Posts
Hallo 49ergoldrush

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio , FL that is . I think many of us here rode bikes in a prior life and picked it back up after the kids were grown . You might put a post in the "For Sale / Wanted Forum " to locate a master cylinder . On these older Wings E-bay is one of the best sources I have found . It seems that someone here recently came up with a way repair / work around the broke window issue . SO you might try using the search function (located kind of at the top right of center on this page . Also ,thinking outloud here , the 1500 uses a hydrualic clutch and that master may be more plentiful and adaptable .I hope your able to locate the parts you need . Enjoy your new ride and visit with us here often .

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
I repaired mine once putting some automotive glue over the old glass. There are several other methods I've read about it here on these forums. If you don't find anything good in the search, I recommend you post your question over in the technical section. Most of the gurus won't see it over here, and a lot more people frequent over there. Just a few of us greeters hang out over here on a regular basis.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.