Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi I was wondering what the oldest 1500 goldwing on the road? My wing was made Oct 1987! with the chasis no. ending 000021, I have a letter from the original owner stating he purchased it from Honda after it had been used as a road test bike for Honda with write ups in various magazines for the west coast of America. I have also a letter from Honda America explaining that the first few GL1500s would of been tested then disasembled for inspection and never put back together. After this the first would be press reliese bikes and they feel that the chassis number would suggest that the information to be possible and would be one of the first of the production line. The bike has now 70000 miles and has been restored to its former glory and believe that alot of the bike is still original, including the exhausts!! just goes to prove what a wonderful machine they are. Having just sold my 1800 I have owned from new wonder if the same will be said about them in 20+ years? Please give any information on this subject especially anyone with an earlier chassis number. On my 11 Wing now is there any other bike?
Derek

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi thanks for your response, my fathers 1990 wing was named wing of freedom!
Derek

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

mine is Wings of Freedom, every mural on it has something to do with wings.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Just thought i would add some pics of what maybe the oldest 1500!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.