Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m Tommy, a retired electrical tech in Whitney, Texas. I’ve been a Goldwing owner for about ten years now, trouble has hit home hard about 4 years ago. I started having severe arthritis issues and was diagnosed with spinal tenosis.

I recently had to have hip replacement surgery which has left me staring at my ole 89 1500 with tears in my eyes. I just haven’t had the heart to part with her. I spent about 2200 getting her tuned up and road ready 4 years ago, only to not be able to share the road with her again since.

I have a new windshield, brake rebuild kit, compressor, and several other parts that she might need later on. She’s what Honda calls a wine berry color, with some fading atop the trunk, overall she isn’t bad to look at, heck I still get a little excited looking at her.

When I parked her in the garage 3 and a half years ago I dropped her on her right mirror, which should be an easy fix, just repairing the threaded hole to mount it. I am so torn to say these next words, I feel I’m betraying her somehow, but....I’ve got to give her up.

If you, the reader or someone you might know would like to adopt her, I would be willing to let her go for 2800. My heart is hurting me to do this. We had so many good times together. I loved her more than any other that I had known. You can contact me by email at [email protected] for any further details about her.
Keep on riding, my friends.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
Good morning and welcome to our forum.
I had to look up that medical term and it brought to mind the reason for some of the older folks around here walking around all bent over.

I know a bit of how you feel, I've not ridden too much of late for a different medical reason, but plan to try and do more this summer.

I edited your post a bit, to make it easier for folks to read, just spaced it out into paragraphs....

Go over to the "For Sale or Trade" forum and make a post about your bike there, and include as many pictures of it as you can.... hard to get a bike to sell w/o pictures.

Use the Landscape Icon to add pictures to the post.

Hope you have kept up with the Therapy for your hip, nearly all who have bikes have been able to get back on them within a year or shortly after their hip surgery.

One member here just had a full knee replacement in February, and his doctor released him to go riding about two weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Do you have a back rest on your 1500? I did over 300 miles on my 1800 today with a stock seat, and back rest. Supports my back just right. I could not have made the ride today with out the back rest.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
I have a Utopia back rest that mounts right into the seat. Adjustable to a degree.
gumbyred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts