Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
An auction?
I just spent all day at our local Ritchie Brothers auction, bought a 40' reefer trailer minus the cooling unit, has all the tires and is road ready. Paid $2,000 for it, the connex containers were almost twice as much. I wanted a connex for my bike shop, but with the reefer trailer i now get one fully insulated, and with wheels.
I can back blade a depression i can back it into so the ramp up wont be too high, someone started to make a shop in it before.
And three pallets of 480v large dry new transformers and service disconnects, over $5,000 worth for $200
And a 99 Gmc Envoy, fully loaded 4x4 for my son, $750

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you made out very well at the auction....

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I had only planned on spending $1500 on that trailer, i made a wrong gesture and they took that as a bid to $2,000, next trailer was a couple years older next to it but with the cooling unit did sell for $1500.
Its just as well because building materials up here are EXPENSIVE, i could buy a connex for $2500 but then it would cost $700 just to transport it, And to insulate the connex floor, walls and ceiling, about $2,000 worth of Insulfoam. Its just high, but i can rent a backhoe from just across the main hiway down the street from me, i rent and drive it to my house. Back blade a bit for the wheels and lower the landing gear, a ramp can be built from there.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
John, was that the car show in C'ville? I missed that one to, we went to Arkansas to visit with some of Connie's family.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John, was that the car show in C'ville? I missed that one to, we went to Arkansas to visit with some of Connie's family.
yes it was Charlie, I vaguely remember reading about it last year.
I don't know how I missed it this year, I read the NewsOnline6 several times a day, and they did NOT say a thing about it ahead of time.

Things like that need to be broadcast over the news media....
aficionados know about it of course...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.