Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
As I'm sure some of you already know... goes a loooong way....

And, of course, I had to have a souvenir...
The "Sisters" as they are called these days are pretty close by for me... as a result I have ridden them often. While I can attest they are nice... I can also attest that you need to come of a non-holiday weekday. Some totally random Tuesday. Otherwise you will get run over by mindless out-of-town morons, anxious to check "The Twisted Sisters" off the must ride highway list.

I can also attest... there are many, many much prettier rides in Texas.

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Wow..... I think I've just been insulted... :ROFL:

Well, I didn't run over anyone. It was mostly deserted. Just a few Harleys here and there.... Other than me, I didn't see any crotch rockets. And, while I've been known to ride at a brisk pace occasionally, I'm definitely not one of the more aggressive ones...

I must admit that I was a little disappointed... This morning I drove north on 16 from Medina in my pickup, and I think that road was much nicer... I may find a place to stay in Kerrville, and ride it this afternoon....
No insult intended... it's just that many folks over ride their abilities.

I agree with your assessment of Hwy 16...

Kerrville lodging... the Super 8 on Sydney Baker at exit 508 is nice...

then in the morning, hop on the interstate and head west for one exit to 505. Get off and head north to Harper... you'll come into town right at Daunnas gas station and country store. Turn east on hwy 290 and head for Fredericksburg. Then just past there... turn right at the KOA and ride down to visit Luchenbach..

Does that make up for any perceived offense?

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
heck dude... if you want to start early I might even fire up the Valk and ride out to meet you! 'Sposed to be a damn fine riding day tomorrow.

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Don't worry, none taken... I was just having a little fun. :ROFL:

If you're interested in doing a ride tomorrow, I'd be up for that. Just let me know...
Waiting on the missus to see how her weekend looks before I commit. If it does happen. I would have to say meeting in Luckenbach would probably be my best plan.

From there it's north to Enchanted Rock... east to Austin or south and eastward to my kickin' grounds.

Stay alert... I'll PM you with emerging details.

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Hey! Greenwood, Indiana.... That's over near Indy, isn't it? I'm sure I've been there several times... Is there a Walmart distribution center near there?

We'll probably be passing each other going opposite directions at some point. I'm in southwest Arkansas right now. Going to go looking for alligators today!
Then, tomorrow or the next day I'm planning on doing some riding. Depends on the weather as I think there is the potential for some bad storms...

If you're going to be riding the Twisted Sisters on your wing, I'd advise you to be extra careful on the steep downgrades. I was riding a sportbike, and it didn't want to slow down. A wing will be much heavier, and doesn't have the ability to lean over as far. At one point I was going around a tight blind curve going down a relatively steep grade and all of a sudden there was a bucket in the middle of the lane, just blowing around... Quite a surprise!
Luckily, I was able to avoid it.

Enjoy your trip! :)

hey dude... just wanted to drop in and say my Saturday got away from me so I wan't able to ride... also... kudos on your Fuel Injection thread... sexy stuff that is.

T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.