Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got hit sitting at a stop light last night, Cager was not paying attention and hit me then i hit the car in front of me. pinned the bike between the 2 cars. im ok after 5 hours at hospital. bike is not so good.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I've been asked by cagers why I pull up next to the cage in front of me or inbetween. Because of what happened to you r. We hear about it a lot around here where celling while driving or some other activity is more important thaen paying attention. So what happen or will happen to your bumper buddy?

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

Wow, I sure am glad you're OK...sorry to hear about the bike though.
:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you're okay. Hope you'll fix or find another bike soon.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

morram wrote:
I've been asked by cagers why I pull up next to the cage in front of me or inbetween. Because of what happened to you r. We hear about it a lot around here where celling while driving or some other activity is more important thaen paying attention. So what happen or will happen to your bumper buddy?
dont know yet i just hope has been paying his insurance, the bike is a 90 gl1500 so i dont know if they will just pay book value or what

·
Premium Member
59,619 Posts
imported post

Glad you're OK..

Did the guy that hit you stop ??

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Man, I'm glad to hear you're alright. the bike can be replaced or fixed.

I haven't ridden in 5 weeks but it's due to my health, not my bike. Gonna try to ride Wednesday for a KIA being flown home from the sandbox.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Never are safe in my opinion, I try to position myself so that I can zip up in between the vehicles in front of me if the need ever arises.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Glad you're OK..

Did the guy that hit you stop ??
yes he stopped and was apologetic, and shook up too, along with me,

·
Administrator
58,940 Posts
imported post

That is also the reason I park at an angle, towards the path of least resistance, and a FULL car length BEHIND the vehicle in front and leave the bike in 1st gear, RPMs up a bit for a fast exit.

I guard that spot, and discourage those who would steal it by pacing the aggressor until he is almost stopped in HIS lane and can't take my lane.

I'm ornery that way, but I don't like being rear ended either.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

i know the feeling my friend. i was hit from behind at a stop sign, and when the police askthe guywhat happened, he admitted that he had just had eye surgery that day and still couldn't see out of his right eye. i couldn't believe him saying that.

Glad you're ok.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Very glad to see you on here and posting about it and that only the bike was hurt badly.

I hope that the insurance sorts things out favourably and you might spend your down time looking for a replacement Wing.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

You got a lot of support here, happened to many of us, regardless how we try to keep safe. Glad your OK

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Commiserations.......been in that hospital mode....... nothing makes you appreciate good health like the losing of it....hope your bike's okay....

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I Settled with insurance this week. After finding out the guy that hit me did not have insurance. They were decent though $5k for my 90 gl1500. Now I looking to get a 1800

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you got some decent coin out of it. Here's to a speedy recovery and a new ride soon.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

rhughes wrote:
After finding out the guy that hit me did not have insurance.

...ain't that how it's supposed to work? .... ..

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear your ok and insurance is taking care of you as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.