Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

First I was considering Dyna Beads, now I am interested in this Wheel Balancing product.

http://www.centramatic.com/ShowItem.aspx?id=12564

If their claims of:

Longer tire life up to 35 to 50%
Lower tire temperatures 10 to 15%
Improved braking
Increased stability
Reduced vibration
Reduced driver and rider fatigue on long trips
Increased tire footprint and grip in turns
are anywhere near accurate, it would be worth the expense. But I wonder? Inflated a bit? Maybe alot?

Anyone have any experience running these?

Or opinions of the product versus Dyna Beads?

Or experience opinions about Dyna Beads?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think someone else posted about those things. I don't remember if they had been using them or not yet. Seems a lot of money to cure a problem that's well enough eliminated with simple wheel weights.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

It is expensive. I guess the theory is they do a much better/even job of balancing the wheel, therefore resulting in better results. If the results they publish are accurate, the tire life extension would pay for the weights after awhile - I just doubt their that their advertized results arenot inflated substantially.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

I've been so satisfied with the dyna beads, I see no reason to change.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,647 Posts
imported post

My personal opinion (everyone has one, right?) is they are NOT worth the money, for the tiny little bit that they MIGHT BE BETTER.

How many sets of tires would you have to wear out, to offset the cost of those things? I suggest, most of us will have passed on before that break even point ever occurs.

As for their claims? I also suggest that those are also embellished a goodly little bit.

I have not had any problems with the tires on my two Goldwings being out of balance.

A tiny fraction that I could feel occasionally, but even that would disappear when I got on a new patch of fresh asphalt.

So, was it really just road ripples I was feeling? If not, why does it go away on new fresh asphalt?

For me, at less than a 1/10th of the cost of those things, I am going to just use Dyna Beads to fine tune the balance on my bike's tires. And, I have ordered six packs to put in the tires on my dually pickup truck. The rear wheels are never balanced correctly on duals. Too much weight is involved in the brake drums, that destroys that so called "perfect balance" we see on the wheel balance machines.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Guess I'm with you on that John. After doing research and reading on different forums about different balancing systems, I decided to quit thinking about that and just enjoy riding. My new rubber gets balanced and when I need new rubber again, I'll getem balanced. In the meantime, the smoother the road the smoother the ride. That being said, TW, I'm sure the centramics work. Some trucking companies have used a similar system. I believe Dyna beads work as well. So, if you like the idea, give them a try. I've blown more money on just a fun night out, so I would not exactly call them expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.