Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Riding out to NASSIR 4and back with Winger just didn't seem to fill my need/lust for touring this summer. :?

I'm repacking the bike again, after off loading my gear from spending the July 29 - Aug 1 weekend atmy Riding Group's National Rally in Ottawa. My Chapter was well represented at the Rally

I'll be heading out tomorrow(Thursday) morning @ 4 am, bound for a Meet N Greet from Aug 5 - 7,in Interlochen, MI. with members of another Forum I frequent.

Then I'll be heading back out to the West Coast for the 2011 WCWNJMRwith various forum members, before I head down the CA Coast and then swing Eastward for ES7 in Eureka Springs, AR for the Labour Day weekend with the Rinos. After that, I'llthen swing down to stay with a friend in Atlanta for a while, before heading North to the North Eastern M & G in Front Royal, VAat the end of September.

Youi can follow my progress by clicking on the "Follow Dusty with Spot" link in my sig line below.

Hope you all have a safe summer and if you see me riding across the country somewhereon my 'Ole Girl, wave and maybe flagg me down for a coffee and chat.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

You be SAFE out there DB And I'll have to enjoy it from here!!!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Be safe and have funKen, and we'll see you at Diamond Lake. :action:

John

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

I camped at Cycle-Moore just last week with a group of riders from my other forum group too! Is that where you will be staying while in Interlochen?

We were on a "roaming gnome" type relay. We've been handing off the gnome (actually a Godzilla figure, Japanese bikes ya know!) for the last 135 days and 14,000 miles. Started at Daytona bike week and will hit all 48 contiguous states and the lower tier of provences too.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

OldSchool_IsCool wrote:
I camped at Cycle-Moore just last week with a group of riders from my other forum group too! Is that where you will be staying while in Interlochen?

Yes, a bunch of us from MotoCampers.com will be gathering at Cycle-Moore for the weekend and doing some 'ride outs', exploring the area. :congrats:

Hot showers and free WiFi are included with the paltry $6/night fee. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Looking forward to seeing you again! First cold lemonade is on me.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Just give me a hollar when you get near.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Just give me a hollar when you get near.
Will do, Baggy ... maybe get Wayne to pop up to the BRMC for a couple of days along with you(?)
I'll give you a few days 'lead time' notice before I plan to move from Atlanta, up towards Etowah, en route to riding the Cherohala over to the BRP and stay at the BRMC

Dusty

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

you better buy a spare oil filter lol and a spare set of tires and brakes jeez with all that ridin

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

"I'll be heading out tomorrow(Thursday) morning @ 4 am, bound for a Meet N Greet from Aug 5 - 7,in Interlochen, MI. with members of another Forum I frequent." I'll be there too. I'm leaving tomorrow night right from work.

·
Premium Member
63,070 Posts
imported post

Ken

When you get along the CA coast, let me know where you're turning Eastward.............

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
imported post

Am on the final leg of my summer journey... No where nearly as ambitious as yours, but for my first road trip, I've had fun... Should be a touch over 8K by the time I roll in the drive...

Ride safe and enjoy...;)

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

Stay safe Dusty, and enjoy the good riding weather.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
imported post

Dusty, be safe out there, arrive alive.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

See ya in Sept :waving::waving: Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
imported post

Hi Ken,

Have a great trip. Ride safe and who knows........maybe run into you again.
Lots has happened around here since I returned here from our Grand Canyon trip. I will pm you on that at a later time.

Take care,

Greener

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Greetings. :waving:

I have been camped at Cycle-Moore, in Interlochen, MI. since Thursday.

Pulled out of home @ 4:12 and rode the 952km/596mi in 14hrs. They were doing bridge maintenance on the bridge between the 2 Soos and it took me over 1.25hrs to cross that short span!!:whip:

20 minutes after stating out, I 'lost' both headlights. Thank God for my Aux Driving lamps. Turned out I blew the 15 amp fuse by running both headlights on both the High/Low beams by running the switch in the 'sweet spot' between H/L. Could be fuse fatigue(?) ANyway that was a quick fix, later that evening at camp

I rode the tunnel of trees and bypassed Traverse City, arriving at C-M's at 6:10

We rode around the Peninsula, including Sleeping Bear Dunes NP, up to Northport and back, enjoying the sights. Good day's ride(125mi), taking 7 hrs to complete the loop, including stops.

Heading out on Monday to Salaomonie Lake, SW of Fort Waaaayne, IN

Dusty

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Hey Dusty,

Will you be riding thru the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area? If yes, what time? I don't know if ur looking for companion riders, but if the time works out, I could possibly putt along with ya for a few miles.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.