Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i ask my boys at the honda shop today what is the amount of years they will still work on a bike. the answer is 15 years old they wont work on it. not because they dont know what they will run into, but he said anything after 15 years, they cant find parts for them. mother has quit issueing parts for bikes over 15 years old. but up to 15 years, yes they still do the work on them. just thought a few mwmbers might like knowing this. so keep on winginit rick

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

+1- Ain't that the truth.. :smiler:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

I couldn't afford a Honda shop anyway. Besides the ones around here don't know what a 1500 is.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

ive taken my 1100 to honda and they refused to work on it too.... i said why they told me all their mechanics are trained on fuel injected modles

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Obviously Mother Honda wants you to get a new bike every ten years or so. So far the only thing I've had a Honda dealer do on any of my 'Wings was to mount a tire on a rim for my 1500. Unfortunately they blew that and put a radial E3 on when I even specified a bias ply E3 and notated it on the work order before giving them the wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

As much as I hate to admit it I understand why most Honda shops won't work on older bikes. I took my bike the a localHonda shop a couple weeks ago just to get a state inspection ( which they can't refuse to do ) and I looked at the techs that were working there.

Heck there were about six , with the exception of one they weren't even born when my bike was new (84 Aspy) and the one had to be a toddler :smiler:. I asked them do they work on older bikes and the said YES :shock:infact they had an 86 interstate on the lift then.

While I was waiting I was kinda hob nobbling the the older tech and I was telling him about my 85 LTD and the problems I am having, he said they work on them and do stator replacements :shock:. With that said all these tech are trained on newer bikes.

I don't know if I'd even want one of those guys working on my classic if they aren't qualified. The shop is about 5 miles East from where I live outside the inner city . The one in the city won't even look at a 1200 and they are older techs

:?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.