Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey, Throw away those old pump bottle sprayers for bleeding your brakes!... It seems that those fine folks at "Crescent moon cycle" are offering replacement bleeding screws that have a "check valve" in them. fluid cannot drain back... They are offered in the usual metal composition. And stainless steel as well.. Just was not sure if anyone here was familiar with them or not ?i was'nt until about an hour ago.:clapper:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Yep. They've been around on Ebay for a while.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Called Speed Bleeders. Available at most auto parts stores. You'll need the SB8125L model.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

He was looking for a rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit and look at what he found!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks to bagmaster, i'm not making mother honda any fatter than she already is!.. and with his help i just happened to spot those speed bleeders at the website he recomended thati visit...this is one of the reasons that make this a great forum. here's lookin' at you bagmaster!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Yes,can't beat them for a one man job. I got a set on mine and it makes bleeding the brakes so easy. JR

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

You all keep it up :Xjust keep it up and I'll have to go get me a set for the 1500,uh i wonder which ones I need for the 1500???

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Every time I sign on to this website I find more things that I should spend money on. My winter is going to be interesting with all the things I want to add to my bike. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

My father (who worked as an AME - aircraft maintenance engineer - for years) built a one-man bleeder/flusher for working on aircraft brakes.

He took a small fire extinguisher, emptied it out, and unscrewed the valve from the top, so he was left with just the bottle. He then took apart the valve assembly and replaced it with a new manually-operated valve. He cleaned the bottle out until it was completely pristine, and reinstalled the new valve.

To use it, while at the shop, he would unscrew the valve and fill the bottle about 1/2 full with brake fluid. Then he screwed the valve back on, and pressurized the bottle with nitrogen (normally used for tires, but has 0% humidity, unlike air from a compressor - and brake fluid is hygroscopic - sucks water from the air, so the pressurizing agent had to be dry).

He would then take the whole thing out to the airplane. He'd screw a hose onto the valve fitting, invert the bottle, and open the valve until brake fluid came out the end of the hose, to clear it of air. Then he'd close the valve, fit the other end of the hose onto the brake bleeder, open the bleeder, and open the valve on the tank. The pressurized nitrogen would push the brake fluid into the caliper and up to the master cylinder and fluid reservoir inside the cockpit. Once the fluid reached the reservoir, he'd close the bleeder, shut the valve off, then go do the other wheel.

Simple, but it worked great.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

do us all a favor and make sure they are the American "Speed Bleeders" and not the Chinese knock off "Speed Breeders". There have been reports of the knock off losing their check valves.
I have a few of the knock offs and several of the SBleeders and you can really tell the difference in the metals and finishing. Buy the SS versions for your bike and if you don't want to spend the extra cash for the dust boots (I didn't) check out your local auto parts store and get a pack of vacuum caps, they'll work just as good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.