Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Over here in the US, we have a real problem finding good places to go when our older...I mean vintage motorcycles need service. The vast majority of dealerships won't even considerworking on anything older than ten years old, and even when they do, your chances of gettng your ride fixed correctly are not good. So owners of older bikes often have to become mechanics as well. Here's a link to a site I visit for guidance: http://www.dansmc.com/mc_repaircourse.htmI hope you folks find it as helpful as I do.

-Kris

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Neat site, I found the program to lay out tubing notches helpful, thanks

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

hi Im new to this site. We have just taken our 1500 aspencade out of winter storage in the garage and apparently a rat must have nested in the bike over the winter, It had chewed off som plastic tubing on the bike in front and wont start. can we get a manual for our bike

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome, gwilliams, to the BEST GOLDWING SITE in the Known World!:waving:

So much for the nice stuff! :whip:Shame on you for letting the rats get to such a fine machine!

Anyway it shouldn't be too much of a problem to replace the damaged stuff, hopefully they didn't get to the electrical wiring too. This is a great forum with lots of information courtesy of Steve Saunders (aka Wingnut) our most generous proprietor. Take a good look around, the history of the Goldwing is a good read, lots of tips, lots of friendly fellows and gals.

:waving::15red::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

gwilliams wrote:
hi Im new to this site. We have just taken our 1500 aspencade out of winter storage in the garage and apparently a rat must have nested in the bike over the winter, It had chewed off som plastic tubing on the bike in front and wont start. can we get a manual for our bike

You can easily geta manual for the 1500 off ebay.

dean_3326 :12red::12red::12red::12red::12red::12red:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

gwilliams wrote:
hi Im new to this site. We have just taken our 1500 aspencade out of winter storage in the garage and apparently a rat must have nested in the bike over the winter.
Hey gwilliams :waving: Welcome to the forum and please visit often. :clapper: Ah well these bastards have to live somewhere but not on or in your :15red:just get yourself a good hunting cat next time and your problems are solved. :clapper:Yes ebay would be your best bet for a 1500 manual. :weightlifter:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Klacko makes an excellent point " The vast majority of dealerships won't even consider working on anything older than ten years old,".

I found that you really have to "schmooze" the bike shops so that when you do have a problem, they already like you enough to work on your bike.

I have a 1974 Honda 750 in pretty decent shape. Cycle World here in Toronto had no problem selling me a chain for $180, but do you think they would put it on for me...As John Belushi used to say so well..."but nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo"!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike!

:waving::15red::waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.