Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I wanted to take apart the carbs for my 1981 gl 1100 but I have been looking for an online repair manual. Something I could just print out and look at while I am working on them. Any suggestions???

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Very nice looking Wing. And by the way;

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Some good suggestions from The New Owner that I used when I had mine apart for cleaning. Also do a search for Randakk. He has some excellent tips on his site.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope to have her running better than ever soon. Im also looking at buying an 87 virago. Any comments on how those bikes are?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I used to have an 82 750 Virago before the 'Wing. It was a lot of fun and pretty easy to work on. The downside to it was that it was a bit small for the wife and I, and it was dammed uncomfortable. 30 minutes and a break was required.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

The one I am looking at is a 750. As far as it being big enough for my g/f and I... don't have to worry about that cause she wont ride with me. She hates bikes lol. If it is easy to work on that would be great because working on bikes is a learning process for me right now.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

virago are nice bikes, if you're tall the pegs are too close and might get a little uncomfortable in long distances. there is lots of info about them online so you wont have any problems getting it back on the road.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Im only 5' 10'' so its not too bad. I have been on it before. Been trying to buy it for over a year. But now it has been sittin and needs work. My buddy wants the goldwing cause he is a bigger guy and needs the bigger motor to get him moving. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.