Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a note to let everyone know that the Ontario Canada Classic Wing get together turned out great and everyone had a fun and exciting time. We even did some some off road riding and a few braveda hill from hellwith trailers behind their Wings.

Over the course of 7 days my 84 Aspencade rolled up over 1000 miles on the odometer and it was hard to turn the key off when I arrived home in my driveway. Gold Wings, no matter what year they were built are grand ladies of the highways.

Once I get around to assembling more details of the trip I'll post more info, as well as, a link to some pics of the get together.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Welcome back Vic :waving:you were sorely missed! Looking forward to your report.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you Brian.

I've got so much catching up to doat homeand I still need to get all the trip pics and info organized and placed onto a website so everyone can have a peek.

There were some beautiful machines that traveled with us on this trip.

Vic

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi Vic, niuce to see you had a good tiome and got back safe. If you e-mail the Pics to Steve he will put them up on a page of their own on the site. He's always delighted to have new pictures with a story to go with them.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

Its good to have you back Vic, Paul the other Senior Guru has been working overtime helping out with the tech stuff. :weightlifter:

I'd say if you just send the pictures to Steve (when you get them sorted out) he will do the resizing and whatever else and post a pile of them for us to see. :waving:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Vic:

Sorry I missed you in Stratford, but it was great to meet Tom and Verna...next time, I'll allow more time for what hopefully will be an annual event...next time, any time....

Dean

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Reddy. I've got about 700 pics to sift through so it will be a few days before I have them ready. Paul (Exavid) is very capable so I'm sure that he wasn't too overwhelmed in my absence, besides, he can type a lot faster than I can. LOL

Dean, we got slowed up by rain and a waterlogged Wing stranded on the side of the road, but, the sun finally came out, the Wing dried out and all in all a great time was had by everyone.

There will be a next year event and hopefully it will be even bigger and better than this year's get together. What a lot of fun Gold Wing people are. You could say that it's like having family on 2 wheels but without all the headaches of real blood relatives and in laws.

Maybe I'll meet up with you on the road sometime over here in Ontario orpossibly we could meet halfway if our schedules permit and grab some lunch or a coffee.

Vic

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Glad it worked out well for you Vic and you all got back safe. I'm looking forward to the pictures. :waving:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Vic:

Actually, I rode down to Port Stanley yesterday and I thought about carrying on to Leamington for a cup of coffee. I figured you had had enough excitement for one week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Hi Vic.

Rolled into the driveway late last night after 10 days and just over 2100 miles on the Wing. Had a blast and meet some great people. I've got a few picture to send you but have to sort them out first. Thanks for a great trip.

Dick

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Hi d**k, any chance you might be short one black and stainless steel travel mug? I went back to the Hill from Hell and found it laying in the weeds where a certain GL1200 happened to be once upon a time.

Glad you had a great time and I'm looking forward to those pics. One of the guys in our ride group is going to post them online so that we can all access and download them.

Vic

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Why in hell would you want to go back to that hill?

Yep, when the wing went down it poped out but I didn't miss it till way later. Hang on to it. That's a great excuse to come back up to Ontario.

Dick

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

I got a whole string of pics of that hill showing exactly what happened. Once they're online I'll send out a link so you can look at the pics. If you run them in a slideshow fashion it's almost like reliving the ride down that hill without the risk.

Tell you what, when you come for that cup I'll fill it with delicious coffee andbuy you a fancy donut to go with it.

Where did you end up going after Manitoulin?

Vic

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

When I left the motel the next morning (in the rain by the way) it was still only hitting on three cylinders. Boarded the ferry and had a nice ride over to the island. When I cranked it up to drive off the ferry it was back on all four and never missed a beat the rest of the trip. Guess it just needed a little time on a cruiseship to recooperate. I kinda wish you'd gotten a picture of me on my back in the ditch. That would've been something to show the grandkids.:doh:

After Manitoulin Island, I stayed in the Owen Sound area till Sunday. Rode every day. Then left Canada via Niagara for Pittsburg, Akron, Columbus, Indianapolis and home on Wednesday night. Wednesday was a very long day. The heat was brutal and it was interstate almost all the way.

I'll take you up on the coffee and donuts as long as it's Tim Horton's. I'm hooked.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

We can always go back and stage another shot if you like. LOL Man, I don't think I've ever seen a Wing leaned over so far on its windshield as I saw yours that day. The top edge of the windshield was actually touching the bottom of that ditch. I think that both Frenchy and I thought the bike was on top of you and that you had a broken leg or were at least injured in some way. I was sure relieved when you got up and were fine. Amazing how easy your bike came back up as well. There's something to be said for an adrenalin rush and that hill sure gave us one. LOL I still can't believe how little damage your Wing sustained in that spill. Just goes to show how tough the Classic Wings are.

I think that maybe some of the guys here should try the ferry trip when their Wings aren't running right since it worked so well for you.

You are on for the Tim Horton's coffee and goodies. That's some good stuff isn't it, highly addictive and will kill you when you're stillyoung but we only go around once.

Vic

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

33zip:

Luckily for you, "Tim Hortons" is making big inroads in the states now. You'll be able to "feed your habit" locally, before you know it.

Now that I'm hearing all these horror stories about this hill, I almost feel lucky that I missed you guys in Stratford. I'm lying-I wanted to meet you guys, and I know I will next time around.

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of this hill, though.

It sounds like you had quite a ride before you got back to "The Land Of Lincoln".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.