Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ontario Classic Wings SIG Get Together 2009 sponsored by G.W.R.R.A. (You do not have to be a G.W.R.R.A. member to attend and you are welcome even if you don't drive a Gold Wing)

August Weekend Meet 22/23rd

Those wishing to attend will be sent a map and directions and contact phone number.

Please PM or email Vic or Tricky regarding your intentions.

[email protected] or [email protected]

If some wish to arrive on the Friday evening and camp that would be fine
For those who prefer motels there are some in Brantford 12 miles or Simcoe 10 miles. Make your own arrangements.

Saturday
9:00 am to 1:00pm

Bike workshop (carb syncs and other minor mechanical problems) and general chit chat.
We can have snacks and those that want a heavier lunch can go off to the restaurant.
4 Kilometers

2:00pm
Providing there is enough (should be) I will arrange a group tour of the Bell Homestead. In Brantford $3.50 each. You can see where your phone was first thought out.

http://www.bellhomestead.ca

And we can come back via a stop at the chapel of the Mohawks, I am not religious but it is an interesting piece of Upper Canada history.

http://www.mohawkchapel.ca/history.html

Back to my place about 5:00pm for burgers courtesy of http://www.gl1200goldwings.com and fireside chat. I shall attempt to keep the mosquitoes at a minimum but sometimes they don’t listen, it would be advisable for those who require repellent to bring it. There will be a motorcycle safety video available for Saturday night, the main topics will be co-rider education and trailering.

Global warming notwithstanding we don’t have a Polar Bear problem.

Those who are staying may BYOB in moderation, providing their keys are left at the house.

Those not staying over or driving to a motel either Brantford or Simcoe 20 mins either place. No alcohol.

Sunday 7:00am breakfast

After breakfast: Vic has arranged a safety course which has been filled, those who are taking the course return to my place for classroom lessons.
Others will be taken on a tour including stops to be determined but possibly will include Port Dover, Turkey point ( both very congested) along the lake to Port Burwell maybe as far as Port Stanley back toward Brantford area to meet up with the members who would have finished the course for an evening dinner. Then disperse.

People taking the course could leave tents or such at my place and pick them up afterward.

Below is a picture from last year with another venerable classic.
Can't promise anything like that but we will have fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

It sounds interesting. What is the definition of classic?

Could you invite a Harley or two to discourage the mosquitos?

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:

Well................I do know that tricky is a classic.......:D:D:D

In a good way of course. :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The meet is going to be held in Waterford, Ontario.
Last year it was held at the home of Bob and Anita Smith in Niagara Falls, Ontario where we had a fantastic tour of the Adam Beck Hydro plant, and a great time was had by all.

The photograph was taken with the Lancaster at Hamilton airport, Ontario the previous year where another member Wayne Juniper managed to get us a tour of the Lancaster.

I doubt I can match their contributions, I just have a two acre lawn with trees where we can relax and fight with the local mosquito population.

tricky

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
I doubt I can match their contributions, I just have a two acre lawn with trees where we can relax and fight with the local mosquito population.

tricky
Sure you can Tricky, why don't you organize a ride that takes you through US customs. :D:shock::cheeky1::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well I could, but not sure what homeland security would do with you if they ever got their hands on you again :)

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
Well I could, but not sure what homeland security would do with you if they ever got their hands on you again :)
I've made 3 test trips over the border since then and they let me in each time. I guess you didn't totally ruin my reputation. :D I guess we convinced them that we wern't a bike gang.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

nobbie wrote:

Could you invite a Harley or two to discourage the mosquitos?
If your as old as Vic your a classic, if your as old or older than myself then your really a classic.:D

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

For the past two years we have gathered about 20+ people. mostly local riders.
We shall see what surprises come along this year.
Enough to make it a pleasant gathering.

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
imported post

If I show up with my 1500, are you going to make me unplug two cylinders again??:shock:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.