Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey, whoever brought the litre of maple syrupfrom Ontario to Nassir.....I hauled it home to CO and it goes really well with the oatmeal and peanut butter in the morning! Eh!

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

That was me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Try it on some vanilla ice cream. Yum. The pancakesare also a good idea.:cool:

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
That was me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Try it on some vanilla ice cream. Yum. The pancakesare also a good idea.:cool:
But but but but....You gotta warm it up before you put it on the ice cream.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

swampfoxcws wrote:
Hey, whoever brought the litre of maple syrupfrom Ontario to Nassir.....I hauled it home to CO and it goes really well with the oatmeal and peanut butter in the morning! Eh!
I have to agree with Sb in SC. Oatmeal & peanut butter?????

You'ld get along with my wife, she puts peanut butter on her pancakes..:baffled:

·
Premium Member
61,364 Posts
imported post

If she likes peanut butter on pancakes try it on waffles with maple surple.. It's good........

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

When SB mentioned pancakes, I was thinking.......hmmm...I eat peanut butter and syrup on those, too.

It's a Southern Thang. Peanuts are the manna of Dixie!AKA goober peas.

Your wife must be a homegrown Southern gal. I bet if you don't watch her, she'll eat some yaller grits.

Just for cultural classification purposes, I'll throw this in. I have pinto beans and hamhocks popping in the pot right now, and cornbread mixed up waiting on the cast iron skillet to get hot.

This might be Colorado, but by God it's SOUTHERN Colorado.....:cheeky1:

Thanks, Doug. That stuff is great!

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Oops. I thinks I thanked the wrong guy!

Thank you, Bob...Goldwings 4 ever! You know how us ol' folks gits confused. That's some well traveled syrup, lots of tales it could tell.

And thanks, Doug, for the ice cream idea!

(And SB for the pancake idea. TOMORROW! )

·
Premium Member
61,364 Posts
imported post

It's not old age, it's got to be the high altitude in Colorado.. Too much fresh air......

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Oh thereal stuff is soooooo good! The trouble is you get hooked on that great taste and the Log Cabin stuff will never cut it anymore...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

We too won some maple syrup and have been really enjoying it on pancakes so far.

Thanks for the tips on other ways to use it folks!!!!!:):)

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

If you guys want something a little different I have a bottle of maple WINE. Politically correct for breakfast. :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
We too won some maple syrup and have been really enjoying it on pancakes so far.

Thanks for the tips on other ways to use it folks!!!!!:):)
Well after you and HELEN gavethem all the tips on the different ways to us 10 rolls of tape ,I think it only fair that they should repay you in some way :dude:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

swampfoxcws wrote:
Your wife must be a homegrown Southern gal. I bet if you don't watch her, she'll eat some yaller grits.

Nope, she came from Missouri originally, but she was young enough it didn't take too much for her to learn the Southern ways.

And yes she does love grits, even the yellow ones. I have to watch her or else she's making cheese grits all the time.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

nobbie wrote:
If you guys want something a little different I have a bottle of maple WINE. Politically correct for breakfast. :cool:
Hey, who won that jar of CORN WINE at the rally? Wonder how that is on pancakes??? :stumped:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.