Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well guys, I blew it.. trying to get the bike ready to ride tommorow, reinstalling the carbs and managed to crack the ear on one of the intakes from the carb to the head (right side front). I'm considering JB weld so I can ride tommorow... then order a new one... anyone have any thoughts otherwise.. or are in Central Illinois and want to bring one by.. hahaha

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Adam, JB Weld would work for that, but it would have to be done very carefully, so that where the o-ring fits is smooth, and that the inside of the runner is smooth. I've use it in the past to repair cracked intakes on cars and it lasted the life of the car. But also, it must cure properly, so follow the instructions precisly. Good luck.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Just for a quick fix that is temp try drilling two holes and useing roll pins to hold the two pieces together.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've got some 1100 intake runners but don't know if they'll fit on the 1000. Anyone know? I'd ask Randakk but he's on vacation for this week.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I think the 1100 ones are close, but I'm sure I can get a set from ebay, no problem.

In terms of the fix, the crack didn't extend down to the o-ring groove or the mating surface... lucky there.
The JB weld is curing as we speak!

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

it sucks.. its good to know that those things can break!. ill be careful next time on mine.

i hope you manage to fix it and you get to ride tomorrow.. :D!!

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

How many beers were in the mix while this hapopene. I notice more broken bolts after 3 beers. So i leave my drinking till after the repair now.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Being an AVID beer drinker.... I'm surprised to say there was no beer involved... seems odd though... I even brew my own, so it flows easily!

I did manage to "Best Offer" a set on ebay for 20 bucks for all 4, so we will see how they look when they get here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.