Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
it's just a wafer lock, I'm sure a raking attack or a jiggler would open it.

Time to make a backup key.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
348 Posts
Due to situation as subject noted;
Any ideas for picking the lock?
It would be helpful to know what kind of vehicle you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL 1800
36 Posts
I have never done that, but the gas cap lock on my '88 wore out, and the key wouldn't open it anymore. I ended up disassembling things until I could get at the bottom side of the lock. From there just push the latch open.

YMMV. I don't know what year you have, or whether it's similar to mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It would be helpful to know what kind of vehicle you are talking about.
That is always a good thing. I had to look back at other posts, and finally at pics (only one of which was bigger than a thumbnail) to figure out he has a 1200.

I have never done that, but the gas cap lock on my '88 wore out, and the key wouldn't open it anymore. I ended up disassembling things until I could get at the bottom side of the lock. From there just push the latch open.

YMMV. I don't know what year you have, or whether it's similar to mine. Good luck.
On the 1500 often the door is loose and flexible enough just to pry the door over to pop it open. But I don't know if that holds true for the 1200.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
348 Posts
It is difficult enough to come up with a useable answer to a question but it is next to impossible to read the original poster's mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts