Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

Hey there welcome to the first annual salmon run motorcycle fishing contest:Dyeeeee haaaaaaaa :action::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

IS that Cousin Jack in his best ski boots ?:cheeky1: I sure hope Red dont see him like this .

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

Darn, I missed CJ's first fishing trip this year :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

what kind of mileage does he get riding that way, I wonder?

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

I've seen that before. Riding dirt bikes through rocky creeks can be pretty tricky. With the old 2 stroke bikes you could just turn it up side down with the spark plug out, put it in gear and spin the rear wheel until water stopped coming out and be on your way.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I've seen that before. Riding dirt bikes through rocky creeks can be pretty tricky. With the old 2 stroke bikes you could just turn it up side down with the spark plug out, put it in gear and spin the rear wheel until water stopped coming out and be on your way.
Dang some of them old 2 strokes were just about indestructable. I had a 100cc Hodaka that I would ride in the State Land across the valley from us. I was coming down a big hill to a paved road so I pulled the clutch and dropped it to neutral to coast down. Moving about 65-70 mph and I got to first gear when the clutch cable broke. I never heard a engine make noises like that. I have no idea how high the rpm went cause I did not have a tach. I would guess in the 20k region. I got it stopped and nauturally it was dead. Pulled the plug to check and the electrode was melted across the gap. I broke that open stuck it back in and kicked her to life and rode home:action:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

I remember back in the 70s when my father-in-law and I used to ride our enduros up in Colorado and across those little mountain streams.

I would do a wheelie and get the front wheel up and over the creek. He didn't have the technique down right, and the picture above was the same as he experienced.

32*F rushing water can be an experience :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

You meet the nicest divers on a Honda.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Well, I see the new and upcoming sport of motorcycle water skiing just isn't taking off like it should.......

Needs automatic floats that pop out when submerged.....

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Perhaps he thought it would morph like a transformer into some sort of ski jet. :shock:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Trucknchuck wrote:
You meet the nicest divers on a Honda.
Thanks!:D
Jluvs2dive

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.