Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Finally happend. I park my bike out in the front yard on the sidewalk as I do not have a garage. Well I went to get on bike this morning and my foot was on softpart of the yard and you can imagine what happend next. I went over. Ouch hurt like a sob the bike landed on my ankle and I was trapped. I was not able to move over in time enough as the grass was to wet. Had to 4 wheelit in to work today as my ankle is really bad. Hope that I can still ride this weekend. Well either way the bike going to need a bath thank you God no damage.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

Well, thankfully I can say I have never done that. slap slap slap :ROFL:

At least your ankle was laying on wet grass while pinched. My ankle was nicely protected by the asphalt in the driveway, not... :(

I had no other option though except to push it off me with the other foot, and get up and ride it on into work.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

I did that in my garage on a sport bike... shut off the engine and was talking to the SO for a few minutes about the great ride... forgot that kickstand was not down... I got Pinned beneath the bike, and refused to crawl out because it would wreck the body work! (eg No crash guards)... had to get room mate to help lift it off.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I got Pinned beneath the bike, and refused to crawl out because it would wreck the body work!
Now that's dedication! That's why I love the engine guards on the 1200, it's like one of those old weeble wobble things, just drops down and rests on the bars until you got the umph to get 'er up.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

31 street bikes in 38 years, and I have yet to drop a single one of them. I think my fear of damaging the bike has had a lot to do with that. I would probably throw myself under a bike to protect it. Have had 8 dirtbikes, and dropped every one of them several times.

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
"Have had 8 dirtbikes, and dropped every one of them several times."
If you havent dropped your dirt bike , your not riding hard enough .

May you keep your record going on the street bikes .

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

droped my st1300 a very top heavy bike and got my foot caught between the curband the bike two guys had to lift the bike off of my foot fractured it in fifty places really hurt toes will never be the same not bad though

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I have dropped my 1200 (the only one I ever "dropped) stalled in an intersection going uphill I was not pinned under it ... but I have had a crash in which I was pinned and it SUCKS... believe me I did not WANT to be pinned and was not at all concerned with the paint or body work at the time. Kicking your way out from under an 800lb bike while the exhaust is branding 2nd and 3rd degree burns into you leg is not that pleasant.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

I have not dropped mine (yet), but I have been close a couple of times. Short legs & slipping on grass & gravel can be dangerous. Luckily, I'm a BIG boy & was able to save it,:action:

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

"I'm a BIG boy & was able to save it"

What are you saying Galaxy im not a real man LMAO.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

kazis86wing wrote:
"I'm a BIG boy & was able to save it"

What are you saying Galaxy im not a real man LMAO.
No, I don't believe I said that,:ROFL: Let's just say that SO FAR, I've been able to save it.I have absolutely no doubt that some day I WILL drop it. :lash:

Last week I was at a Red light (as per normal), right foot on the brake & I noticed that I was leaning more & more to the left. I looked down & my left foot was sliding on the blacktop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.