Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:hallo: Jen's thoughts..........

It's no secret by now.......that I love ALL motorcycles!!!!! Sooooooo muccccchhhh!

Anyway.....I've have noticed on this forum, that some have chosen to post negative comments, or down right "bash" Harley Davidson's. I know, I know.......I've been caught up in that joking too. :doh::D, but I have to say our best motorcycle trip
friends are ones who have a Harley. We have had the best of times now over a few trips and day rides over a couple of years. When it comes right down to it, I would love to own any bike, Harley, British, Japanese, American, Indian, European, etc, etc....

I'm just feeling a little reflective at this time in the season. Nearly the closing of another awesome year.:clapper:I've been fortunate to get to ride/test drive over 200 different makes and models of motorcycles in my short (tee hee:angel:) lifetime and I have to say I'd do it all over again:smiler:

I welcome other comments and close with a pic of our Harley friends.:byebye:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

One more..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

And finally.......

OOPSSSSSSSS I uploaded too many pics for dial up friends....:doh:

I'll fix it.:byebye:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Good post Jennifer, but I do believe most of the comments on here about Harleys are just meant in fun. There are some that really dislike them, but I think most of us are happy to be on a motorcycle, any motorcycle. I personally love motorcycles and can appreciate most brands. I rode my brother's Road King earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed every motorcycle I've ridden.

That said, there is one thing I dislike about many of the Harleys, and your middle picture shows it well. I really dislike the straight pipes. I don't mind, and in fact enjoy, the sound of the engine, but the straight pipes are just too stinkin' loud for the streets. On a race track, no problem. You expect the noise there and can wear ear plugs if you want, but on the street it's hard to get away from. I think that noise does more harm to the Harley image than anything else. Ever ride past a kid on your Wing just to have them cover their ears and frown, expecting the blaring noise of open pipes? I have and it always bothers me. JMHO

John

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

i do have alot of friends that ride H-D's also. its the trailer queens that rub me wrong.

they think they are the kings of bikes.in my opinionif you have to trailer your bike anywhere other than to a shop then you are not a true rider or as some say"BIKER".

i was ragged on by a gentlman(i'm being nice) that thought the 2 harley's shouldn't park next to my LTD. according to him it was just wrong. the 2 harley riders are friends of mine and are in a mtororcycle club that is huge and its not H.O.G. but starts with an "H". after they ragged on him for not riding the the laughlin river run(questioning his manhood) he left us to re-assure our kids we we fine(they had heard about a bad accident in barstow).

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

And if we can keep the pics to the gallery I sure would be happy ,Harley or not :D

I think one pic per person in a post is enough, after that ,use the gallery or us poor people on dial up :(and cannot get broadband:( will crack up with the slow speed while so many pics load ,thats why it was put there ..Thank you ,,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Hi Miss Jen:

It is all in good fun. I have friends who ride those PAINT SHAKERS also.:D Seems to me paint stores would pick up on this, and just hire Harley Riders to deliver paint to their customers, would be all pre-mixed on delivery. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I'd have to agree with jluvs2dive. I'm sure they are fine bikes, well engineered and built....But the noise????? To me the straight pipes are just too much....Other than that, I don't have a problem with them... I have friends that ride Harleys, and we occasionaly ride together, and they are always telling me that I should get a "real" motorcycle... I just nod my head, as I listen to my stereo...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

The Harley sub-culture is what rubs me the wrong way. Doctors, lawyers and accountants with disposable income buy these expensive machines, then dress up like pirates to ride 10 miles to the nearest pub. There is also the type of people that live in a trailer, live pay check to pay check, but have a shiny Harley in the gravel driveway. This is done because, by God, there is only one motorcycle in the world worthy enough to be their possession. Please...its a motorcycle, get over it.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I agree with the loud pipes. Not my cup of tea. But our little church club boasts a goldwing, kawaski, harley, and a BMW. It's just about getting out and riding, nothing else in my book

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

In the little bit of traveling I've been blessed to do, I've run into a few of them all at gas stops and rest areas.

It seems regardless of what you ride, "bikers" have a great sense of brotherhood and enjoy the fellowship of someone else far from home on a trip. I've met people on Harleys, Bmw's and Goldwings and they all were ready to talk bikes, rides and the places they've been to.

Very seldom have I seen a Goldwing in the back of a truck going to a ride just a couple hundred miles away. Most of the time, those riders only wanted to get on down the road to where they were going.

With the problem hearing that I have, I do agree about the loud pipes. They too will one day sit back, slap themselves silly and ask why did I do that to my ears.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

Its just a "brand loyality" thing. Everybody thinks what they have is the best. John is right about most comments being in jest.

When I started riding, I rode my little CX500C with my uncle's Harley friends. They all gave me some ribbing, but when we were crusing the strip in Myrtle Beach and they were all overheating, nobody laughed when I said, "Funny, my motor's still cool!":cheeky1: I also reminded them that I paid $550 for my bike and it still got "my knees in the breeze.":shock:

Most folks don't care what you ride, as long as you ride. In fact, I don't even care if you ride!:D

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

The one guy who helped me GET my triked wing,rides Harleys.I love the guy to death, and would stand by his side through anything.Also,I trailer my trike to long distance locations, because I have to_Of course I would rather ride it there, but sometimes I can't.If I didn't trailer it sometimes, I'd not be able to go to some of the rallies. I just prefer biking pals,that don't JUDGE me.If someone is acting like he or she isn't interested in me and Barb, we just smile and continue on our way. As I remember,in my life anyway,it doesn't happen very often.I don't judge you,I expect only that from others.I could give a rat's arse what you ride,how loud it is,how you got it there,and what you think of me.I only ask for respect,and to have a good ride...with or without you!!jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I'm actually of the type that I don't care what a person rides, s/he rides and that's all that matters. I don't go out of my way to mess with brand riders...unless they mess first.

An HD rider wants to start cracking off about Jap bikes, rice burners, made in America, etc...they'd best be ready for someone who's heard it all for 20 or so years, and is quick enough to turn it back on 'em. ;)

Sure, among friends, there's joking that flies around...but it's just that, joking around.

Mike

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

I have a friend next door who is a dyed in the wool Harley Man. We ride together sometimes, and I have ridden rice burners since we have known each other. We kid around a lot, but no one really cares who rides what, its the riding that counts. Anyone who thinks differently is a shining example of a total nincompoop! Don't we have enough of those in Washington? I have met the Klu Klux Klan on two wheels who think the bike makes the man, I pretty much treat them as I would a small child, kindly, gently, and with a slight smile on my lips, but never taking them seriously! Ewww... does that tick them off!;)

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i ride with all kind of bikes... have friends with harleys, hondas, yamahas and even chinese brands. we all just ride for fun

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

There are very few Wing riders here, where I live. I can only think of three other Wing owners, in the area, besides my self.

When I ride in a group, there will usually be as many different makes of bikes as there are riders. The thought of what kind of bike you own never crosses our minds.
We just have fun riding together in our absolutely beautiful county (Grant County, OR).

I do try to park my 84 GL1200 next to turbocharged R1100RS's and such so my bike will go faster. Hasn't worked yet.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
And if we can keep the pics to the gallery I sure would be happy ,Harley or not :D

I think one pic per person in a post is enough, after that ,use the gallery or us poor people on dial up :(and cannot get broadband:( will crack up with the slow speed while so many pics load ,thats why it was put there ..Thank you ,,Ciaran
Is it okay to post up links to a host site? Like Photobucket? I, for one, always forget about the Gallery, and sometimes a photo is only applicable to that one post....

like this:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd226/roscinante/goudgemech2.jpg

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
imported post

I find alot of harley riders won't wave when you wave to them.so my 2nd wave is only a partial (if you know what I mean).:cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.