Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my bike pinstripped and need opinions on what color to use. I was thinking purple or orange would pop, but the grey makes me want to go black. Anyone with opinions or suggestions shoot away! I added a picture of the bag since the color on the other pic is washed out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Tough call. Depends on the look you're going for. Looking at just the saddle bag I'd say an orange would look pretty good, but then looking at the whole bike I'm thinking black.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Id go red.........

Give it a splash of Fast.......

·
Magic Moderator
4,864 Posts
May I suggest black, it would go good with the silver and the yellow.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Tough call. Depends on the look you're going for. Looking at just the saddle bag I'd say an orange would look pretty good, but then looking at the whole bike I'm thinking black.
I agree, black is the way I would go.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
As far as color, I'm leaning towards either black or add a bright color like red/orange.

Just an idea, my son just yesterday added some red reflective rim tape to his FZ6. I'm surprised at how much I like it. It's just the right amount of color, IMO. What really impressed me is how reflective it is. We went for a sunset ride and got home after dark. He pulled into the drive before me and I was far enough back that he was not in my headlight beam. None of the piping on his gear showed up but his wheels lit up like he hit a light switch. Looked rather strange to see 2 bright red circles cross my path. Lots of sources and colors available online and not too pricey. He paid $17 for a kit to do both wheels.

Steve

Attachments

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the silver/yellow combination but if you're going with that then why not spruce it up with a contrasting color? Maybe red or orange… or maybe blue.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
a good red color pen strip between the colors about 3/16 wide.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
I also am not in love with that silver and yellow paint job, but it's your bike. The only color I can think of that would match would be black. I've never been a fan of gaudy paint on bikes (or cars) I prefer a simple singe color, non metallic, and fairly light. The metallic gold burned right off my '85, if it had been white, the paint would probably still be in pretty good shape.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,634 Posts
I'd go with black. Your other accents are black. I don't see any other color there to compliment so, again, I'd go with black.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
I am not usually a big fan of either yellow or grey, but I must say that combination on yours looks rather nice. if you want pinstripe then I am another one that would go with black.
Another alternative would be to have yellow on the grey and grey on the yellow.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.