Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just by posting this question makes me think that I should run away from this bike. Having said that, what are your opinions based on the description below and at what price would you take a flier on it. I'm brand new to Gold Wings and have a love/hate relationship with tools. Thanks in advance.

From the CL ad:
This is a 1995 Gold Wing with less than 18,000 miles on it. Not enough miles to be officially broken in yet. Purchased it a number of years back after a long search then was hurt on the job 3 months later so I've not been able to ride it. It has most every chrome and light option offered for a Gold Wing. Also has a custom seat on it which sets you lower to the ground in case you have shorter legs. This seat provides a nice back support without having to install a secondary seat attachment. The bike hasn't been driven in some years and could really use some polishing up. It does have a newer battery and synthetic oil in it so no problems with oil breakdown from it sitting. It will start with a touch of the starter button but does run a bit rough from sitting. Needs a nice long ride. I watched 2 Gold Wings like mine sell on eBay some time ago with miles around 25,000. One sold for just over $10,000 and the other just over $11,000.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

For that kind of money you could get an early 1800.

Chrome doesn't add much value to resale.

Runnin' rough for that kind of money?

I think not.

Think I would be lookin into an early 1800 for that kinda money. IMHO.

Ya know what they say about opinions:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I think he doesn't know what the true market is. My budget is $5k which gets you more motorcycle than this.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
imported post

The seller doesn't mention if it's an Interstate, Aspencade or SE. Even if it was an SE, I don't think I would pay more than 6k for it. As other's have stated, Goldwings don't like to sit, so the low mileage isn't not necessarily a plus.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

You stated it was theAniversary Edition. I'm assuming it's the SE model.

I bought a 95 SE last year for $7000 that was well maintained and lots of extra goodies on it. It had 47000 mile on it. I'd say walk away. You can get a lotbetter bike for 10 or $11000 if you shop around that hasn't sit and not been maintained.

I've logged 30,000 miles on it since I bought it last year and have only had to replace the alternator, tires,and oil/filter changes.

If you shop around you can find a whole lot more for less money.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,599 Posts
imported post

Pass it up and find something that runs well. Sometimes running rough means old fuel and sometimes in will require surgery and piles of money.

And chrome, in my opinion, just adds dead wieght to a motorcycle that was born too heavy.

Extra lights, in my experience, are where electrical nightmares begin.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

I bought a 95 SE 2 years ago in great shape for 6,000. If he told me 10,000 I'd have a hard time not laughing in his face.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Go offer him 5k cash ............ Ya never know.
If he takes it, put a thousand or so in in and you will have a good bike. If he says no, it won't be the last rime he hears numbers like that.

·
New Guy
791 Posts
imported post

I have a 95 annvy w/31k miles, floorboards and lotsa lights (that I removed when I bought it in '00. My take is my bike is worth maybe 7k ish. If you want the bike, make that 5 k offer and work from there. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.