Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Seems a bit dear to me as it sounds like it still needs carby work, but only a test ride would let you know for sure

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems a bit dear to me as it sounds like it still needs carby work, but only a test ride would let you know for sure
I agree, seemed a bit high.

Also seems like "needs carbs cleaned" can cover up alot of other problems.

Thank you for your thoughts,
geo

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I interpret "no lowballers" as don't offer 500 bucks but I will take $200 less than advertised. I like the original pipes and seat. Gauges don't look faded. Check date codes on the tires and adjust price accordingly. I don't know if these had stator problems like my 1200. Make sure it charges. I assume that is original paint. Beautiful bike. At that price you can resell it in 10 years (or 20 years) and still get $1200 for it. Have fun, Don

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I interpret "no lowballers" as don't offer 500 bucks but I will take $200 less than advertised. I like the original pipes and seat. Gauges don't look faded. Check date codes on the tires and adjust price accordingly. I don't know if these had stator problems like my 1200. Make sure it charges. I assume that is original paint. Beautiful bike. At that price you can resell it in 10 years (or 20 years) and still get $1200 for it. Have fun, Don
Thank you for the advice.

I do like the looks, everytime he puts add in, it catches my eye.

have a good one,
geo

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I don't think that's a bad price for a vintage 'Wing in such good cosmetic condition. You could buy one in fair looking condition that needed some work for half that but you'd have that much money in it and a lot of work invested. I refurbished several old 'Wings in my old Tacoma shop and can tell you that a good looking vintage bike like that one is well worth two grand or so. I'd buy it and enjoy it. If one bought it and didn't like it after riding it for a while you could always recoup most of your money anyway. If it appeals to you go for it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think that's a bad price for a vintage 'Wing in such good cosmetic condition. You could buy one in fair looking condition that needed some work for half that but you'd have that much money in it and a lot of work invested. I refurbished several old 'Wings in my old Tacoma shop and can tell you that a good looking vintage bike like that one is well worth two grand or so. I'd buy it and enjoy it. If one bought it and didn't like it after riding it for a while you could always recoup most of your money anyway. If it appeals to you go for it!
Thank you for the input.

Looking more and more like I am going to have to go check this bike out.

geo

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Photos hide detail. The paint and seat don't look like factory to me, nor do the handle bars, but I could be wrong. Carb. work could be that they are dirty, need a sync, or have the normal mid range stumble that is easy to fix.

Just went to take another look before posting this, and the ad is down.

Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Photos hide detail. The paint and seat don't look like factory to me, nor do the handle bars, but I could be wrong. Carb. work could be that they are dirty, need a sync, or have the normal mid range stumble that is easy to fix.

Just went to take another look before posting this, and the ad is down.

Bill
Thanks for the input. I see add is down.

Appreciate the info.

thanx,
geo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.