Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

A friend of mine just bought himself a 1994 GL1500 SE. It's only had one previous life and 18,000 miles and looks really lovely. My friend is only 5" 6" short and has short legs. He is using Doc Martin type boots and has already had 2" of foam taken from the saddle. Any more and it will be down to the base. At lights he is on his toes and I think it's an effort for him.
Are there high- soled boots available? I think I seen someone with them at the UK treffen last year but I'm not sure. The soles looked about 3" thick and looked silly but I'm sure they would do the job if I knew where to point my friend to.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

well, I was going to suggest risers for his shoes, but it looks like he has already thought of that. I am 5'6", but fortunately not short legged. I do find that my harley is closer to the ground

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

If the saddle has already been scalped as much as possible, here's a good shoe option;

http://www.increasingshoes.com/

They don't have big thick soles and the riser is built into the inside of the shoe so that they look natural. I know a guy who bought a pair and they make him look 2.5" taller (you can get these shoes up to almost 4" taller) and they aren't mad money either. They can be had from under $60.

[align=center][/align]

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I see you are in London wings4life. You can buy shoe risers for a tenner from these UK suppliers;

http://www.tallness.net/

Gives you an extra inch. I'm wondering if your heel would slip out of your shoe with these unless you have a high back on the shoe, or are using boots.

[align=center][/align]

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Although I'm 5'11", I have short legs for my height only having about a 29" inseam also gives me a time just getting on my 1100. I have to wear boots with a 1 1/2 inch heel to be able to keep my feet on the ground. Lucky I weigh enough so that once I sit on the bike it compresses down enough for my feet to sit on the ground. If I was 50lbs lighter, I would have to cut my seat down, and let air out of the shocks just so my feet would touch.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks guys and Gene in particular. My friend got the insoles and there is enough room in his biker boots to fit the insoles into. He's happy enough with them.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Although I'm 5'11", I have short legs for my height only having about a 29" inseam also gives me a time just getting on my 1100. I have to wear boots with a 1 1/2 inch heel to be able to keep my feet on the ground. Lucky I weigh enough so that once I sit on the bike it compresses down enough for my feet to sit on the ground. If I was 50lbs lighter, I would have to cut my seat down, and let air out of the shocks just so my feet would touch.:D

5'11" with 29" inseam!:doh:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Now come on Wingdawg101, I ain't no penguin. I look terrible in a tux.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.