Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I am new to the forum and the new owner of my first wing, a GL1800. Picked it up today, a 2001 model.

I have noticed that in 5th gear a light comes on in the centre of my clock display which is orange in the shape of what looks like a couple of squares side by side.

It goes out in every other gear.

I do not have my owners manual yet so cannot check it out.

Any help please? thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Just a guess......Over Drive?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Chris. That light is the OD (overdrive) light and it only comes on in top gear. The two squares are supposed to look like 'OD' but as you discovered it looks like two squares instead.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Many thanks to you both, I had worried it meant there was something wrong with the bike. It's good to be reassured

Cheers!!!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

Very big welcome to the forum Chris from another North Wales man.You will find loads of helpful advice here,
Cheers
Peter
:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

gdwales wrote:
Very big welcome to the forum Chris from another North Wales man.You will find loads of helpful advice here,
Cheers
Peter
:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:
Thanksfor the warm welcome Peter, hope to see you out and about in the nice weather if we ever get any that is.

I picked the bike up today from Doncaster, having ridden up there on my Pan which I was trading in. Quite an experience I can tell you. Never ridden a wing before and first outing was 3 hours in sub zero temperatures. LOL!

Can't say I felt cold on the way home though, I just spent the whole journey with an innane grin on my face:D

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the board Chris. I look forwad to seeing more Wings running around next time I visit your land across the pond!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

corventure wrote:
Welcome to the board Chris. I look forwad to seeing more Wings running around next time I visit your land across the pond!
Many thanks, remember to say HI when you come:)

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

chrisatgoldwing wrote:
Hi Alex, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I don't think they have a downoad for the Owners manual for the GL1800, at least I can't seem to find it on the site. Maybe I am missing it? Lots of service manuals, but I have those already.:?

Chris
You are right, I've just checked up and alsodidn't seeany owners manual for GL1800, only the service manuals. Maybe they willadd oneoncein future. Sorry!

Alex

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Chris and a BIG IRISH:leprechaun::leprechaun: welcome to ya :waving::waving:.You will find lots of friendly people here and we have a few members from Wales as well :)We had our European meet n greet at Tanygaer's place near Rhosgadfan,last may and we are all heading for Scotland next May bank holiday weekend (1st to the 4th) so you are welcome to join us all ..You do not have to be mad to join us ,but it does help :DCiaran

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

wexy wrote:
Hi Chris and a BIG IRISH:leprechaun::leprechaun: welcome to ya :waving::waving:.You will find lots of friendly people here and we have a few members from Wales as well :)We had our European meet n greet at Tanygaer's place near Rhosgadfan,last may and we are all heading for Scotland next May bank holiday weekend (1st to the 4th) so you are welcome to join us all ..You do not have to be mad to join us ,but it does help :DCiaran
Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for the welcome. Everyone here does seem to be very friendly, like a big family:). I have also been very impressed by the wealth of knowledge in all things Wing related.

Many thanks for the Scotland invite, I will try to make it. Let me know where to find the details

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.