Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI All,

You can be the first to know, I ordered a yellow 05 goldwing about 5 minutes ago. Should be here end of the week.

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well done Chris ,,I hope you have many years of happy touring and lots of enjoyable miles on your new baby ,,,We all need to treat ourselves now and again ,,,Enjoy :waving::waving::waving::waving:Ciaran

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys, looking forward to it. Im thinking of going the opposite way with my bike and dechroming it, painting bits black, not sure tho, prolly won't do anything but ride.

Man would I ever love to get over to IOM and see the TT there!
Chris

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

zvezdah1 wrote:
Thanks guys, looking forward to it. Im thinking of going the opposite way with my bike and dechroming it, painting bits black, not sure tho, prolly won't do anything but ride.

Man would I ever love to get over to IOM and see the TT there!
Chris
You wanna be careful, yellow with black trim might get you bug sprayed!

:jumper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey zvezdah1 :waving:Good luck with your new :18yellow:Hope you have many safe (s)miles. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wow, Good deal !!!!

I like the yellow ones !

You do know that's the fastest color, so be careful !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Congratulations, I wish I could do that.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
You're going to set REDWING off again!

:whip:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Good luck with your new toy.. I'm planning to take the plunge in two years. Hoping Honda will have a 2000 CC by then...

BTW, picture below is of one of the ladies from the IOW (location top secret)... She's a hotty!!!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Hey wingdawg101 :gunhead: You must be joking. :whip: Pearl Red :18red:is the fastest colour. :clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Hey exavid :waving: I guess your right again. :clapper: These guys have no fear of me.:whip:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
Hey exavid :waving: I guess your right again. :clapper: These guys have no fear of me.:whip:
I knew that would bring you out of your lair! There are three dangerous triggers on these forums, What type of oil, What type of tire (tyre), and What's the fastest color! Worse yet, I can't argue any more with you about the latter!

:whip::whip::whip::15red::whip::whip::whip:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

There are three dangerous triggers on this forum, What type of oil, What type of tire (tyre), and What's the fastest color!
Hey exavid :waving: And the answers are, :action:

(1) What type of Oil?. = Non Synth. :clapper:

(2) What type of tyre?. = Bridgestone. :clapper:

(3) What is the fastest colour?. = Pearl Red. :clapper:

I dont want tosee any more questions on the above topics. :whip: Refer all questions to this reply. :stumped:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

REDWING, I'm disappointed to see you so wishy-washy! Usually you have a definite opinion!

:jumper::cheeky1::15red:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
REDWING, I'm disappointed to see you so wishy-washy! Usually you have a definite opinion!
Hey exavid :waving:

:grinner: :clapper: :grinner: :clapper: :grinner: :clapper: :grinner: :clapper: :grinner: :clapper:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

HI All,

Just an update, picked up the bike on the 18th. Took it out yesterday for an 1 1/2 spin in a nice set of twisties, quite a nice riding bike, my initial concerns about the brakes seem unfounded, I practiced panic stops several times and stopped quite well (non-abs bike). The linked braking has an altogether different feel to me, or perhaps my imagination.

Wife's christened the bike "tweetie bird".

What suspension setting do you guys run at, my salesman runs his at 11, I'm thinking I want it a bit stiffer and dialed way up in twisties, thoughts?

Planning my first run from Columbus Georgia through central Alabama, up through Mississippi to Clarksdale (birthplace of delta blues music of which I'm a huge fan) then up through Memphis to visit relatives.

Chris

PS>planning on xmradio and maybe a cb. I can see it's quite easy to spend tons of $$$ on this thing just for the technical bits!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

zvezdah1 wrote:
Just an update, picked up the bike on the 18th.

What suspension setting do you guys run at, my salesman runs his at 11, I'm thinking I want it a bit stiffer and dialed way up in twisties, thoughts
Hey zvezdah 1 :waving: Congrats on your new toy :18yellow:I have the suspension set at 10 for one up. :jumper:But if you ride your :18yellow:aggressively you would need to make her stiffer 20 plus. :crying:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:

There are three dangerous triggers on this forum, What type of oil, What type of tire (tyre), and What's the fastest color!
Hey exavid :waving: And the answers are, :action:

(1) What type of Oil?. = Non Synth. :clapper:

(2) What type of tyre?. = Bridgestone. :clapper:

(3) What is the fastest colour?. = Pearl Red. :clapper:

I dont want tosee any more questions on the above topics. :whip: Refer all questions to this reply. :stumped:

Hey REDWING ,,I would really hate to annoy youor get you upset:D:D but when did honda bring out PEARL RED ? Now I know you only have a honda 50 cc :p:p:p..cheers Ciaran

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.