Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

time to step up (yes I did exclude the newer bikes all apologes offered)

but how many "original owners" and how long

brought mine home 08-08-1978 and have riden that bike in at least 40 states and two provinences (and one iron butt)

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Me, no, but I talked to a guy in town where I work who was riding a 1984 1200A that was very clean. He said he bought it out of the box in 1984. Been to Texas, Florida and some other places that I don't remember. Look forward to reading about those that do.

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
time to step up (yes I did exclude the newer bikes all apologes offered)
No apology needed, if it's not at least 10 years old it's still practically new.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

Bought my baby in July 1981 at Woods honda Austin, TX Got 116k on her now and she's still purdy!!!

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
imported post

Got my 79 in 79,road it till 04 and made a big mistake and traded it of ,butt I got it back a few mounths ago I have road it just about any were you can ride at one time or another.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

My '81 GL1100 Interstate has been 'in the family' since new. Dad traded in his '79 GL for the '81 and he and Mom toured Canada and much of the States over the years. Lasted year he gave the bike to me with 53,000 km on her and I've added another 20,000 km to the odometer.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

ScooterTramp wrote:
Lets see....I bought my Shovel Head, new, in 1975. Still have it. Think this GW will last that long?
it just might, but honda won't make parts after 5 years:cheeky1:

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

I didn't buy it new but I've owned my 75 550four since 1980.

Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.