Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I purchased my wing, I received the original seat as part of the deal. Aftermarket seats have been on the bike for it's life, so this originalis in NEW condition. Only issue is the 'Honda' printing on the rear is faded, but very legible and the clamps underneathhave surfacerust due to age and sitting around a garage. The leather and padding are near pristine.

My question is this: If I were to sell this what should I ask for it? I've seen seats in worn out condition go upwards of $175 to $200 on ebay but I haven't seen one in this good of shape.

Thanks!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Run a auction. Set the reserve at a price you're comfortable with taking for it. Be fortunate that you have a somewhat pristine seat to offer, but if you figured on selling it when you purchased the bike for a offset in up-front cost and figured, say, $200 for it then, ...then stick with what you originally thought of, whatever it was.

If you get a $100 for it, ...count yourself lucky.

Getting top-dollar for anything now is difficult.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, CaptainMidnight. Once I agreed to purchase it, the seller brought out the seat and a vintage sissy bar, and the Bates trunk that matches the saddle bags. It was like a bonus. I plan to sell the sissy bar and seat just to get some liquid cash.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
imported post

I have seen (new) take off seats sell for 300 to 400 dollars. Don't give it away! Someone restoring a gl1000 to original will pay dearly for it.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
I have seen (new) take off seats sell for 300 to 400 dollars. Don't give it away! Someone restoring a gl1000 to original will pay dearly for it.
It's worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. Probably alot if it is perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.