Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi Guys,
Not that I'm trying to stir up trouble, but was curious about other Forums for Wings. I know there is one out there for my specific model (GL1200), but it seems kind of lame and doesn't seem to have many members or activity. If you want to say that Steve's forum is the best one, that is fine. Just want objective opinions and recommendations. I have been riding bikes of every style, make and type for years. Now that I found a GoldWing, I can't get enough. It is amazing that the bike feels so damn light and nimble for being nearly 800lbs. I could ride this bike around the world if it had more ground clearance.:action:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

This is the only site I belong to because I spend a lot of time riding and working. Nice people. Informative site. No need to look elsewhere IMHO.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Of course there are always the GWRRA forums too.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
I've been a member over on the GWRRA forums for a long time.

The down side is you have to join the GWRRA to access the forums. You can lurk (looking with out being able to post) with out being a member.

Like any other forums, you will run into a fair share of arguments and spats and political fights and general childishness, and people sometimes get on each other's nerves..... ;) But mostly it's a good bunch of guys and gals over there too.

Before I discovered this forum, The GWRRA forum was the only one I used. I got a lot of great advice over there too.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Dan Filipi is a member here on this site and has a forum for 1100 (shameless plug, http://forum.classicgoldwings.com/). There is alot of from this site that are members there also.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,501 Posts
imported post

You meet the nicest people on a Goldwing :waving:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

I'm a member of several GW forums, but this one seems to be the most active. Kudos to everyone who contributes. It is also well moderated so flames are put out quickly. I like the manners here. The 1200 site is good as well, just not quite as active as this site. That's understandable since this one covers all GW. I'll use the wisdom gleaned here when I upgrade to a 1500.
Jim(inSC)

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
This is the only site I belong to because I spend a lot of time riding and working. Nice people. Informative site. No need to look elsewhere IMHO.
I agree.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
You meet the nicest people on a Goldwing :waving:
Don't.... get.... me.... started.... :X

I never bothered looking for anything Wing related after finding this site :clapper:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
Rudy wrote:
I've been a member over on the GWRRA forums for a long time.

The down side is you have to join the GWRRA to access the forums. You can lurk (looking with out being able to post) with out being a member.

Like any other forums, you will run into a fair share of arguments and spats and political fights and general childishness, and people sometimes get on each other's nerves..... ;) But mostly it's a good bunch of guys and gals over there too.

Before I discovered this forum, The GWRRA forum was the only one I used. I got a lot of great advice over there too.
That's how I got here. :cool:

GWRRA boards are one of the best things Steve Saunders has going for new membership. :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I am a member of two goldwing forums. When I bought my wing I searched on the web for info and I found North Ameican Goldwings Forum and decided to join. After joining there and getting alot of info, I heard several people on there make reference to this site. I came here and joined also.

I like both sites. They are both fairly busy with traffic and I have gotten very useful info from both sites.

www.northamericangoldwings.com

Ride Safe !!!!

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
That's how I got here. :cool:

GWRRA boards are one of the best things Steve Saunders has going for new membership. :cooldevil:
That's funny, that's how I got here too.

:D:D

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I just did a web search and this site came up along with others, but not like this one. Been here for almost a year and it's truly the best one around. Others it can be days before anyone will answer you if they do at all. Even the GWRRA site is not as active. With me riding a Trike I got a lot of other remarks from other sites as well. No one said anything here, it didn't matter. :action:

·
Administrator
61,501 Posts
imported post

That's right, all we want is for everyone to enjoy the Wind In Their Face... :waving:

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
imported post

Yes I agree this sight is the best I googel it the first time I also joined the 1200 sight but only to sell my 1200 . I am wating for the 1800 folks who hav toys that they realize that thy need to sell them so I can get a 1800 for a good price .There was a 1800 that I missed it was a 2001 and it went for $2500.00

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

I found this forum from some posts on the GL1800 Riders board at www.gl1800riders.com. So I decided to look in on you and liked what I seen. This place has over taken the GL1800 Riders board in membership numbers and I seen a lot of people from there sign up here too this year.

The GL1800 Riders board is my favourite GL1800 forum. It has more posts but is very commercially driven and really should have more functionality when you consider that the members are funding it with their purchases. The Saunders forum here is run more by people who just love Goldwings and not looking for anything in return, period.

This place gives the membership much more and for free. I don't know where the money comes from to keep this forum/site going, but the commercial forums could well learn some lessons from it. There is something in all the forums for all of us, this one seems to have that bit more of everything I personally like.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I looked at the http://forum.classicgoldwings.com for GL1100s. Nice forum but goldwingfacts.com is way busier and has more information for my GL1100 even though you deal with all model wings. I use the GWRRA forum too but it is too clinical and lacks the sparkle that I see here.

·
Administrator
61,501 Posts
imported post

BenMilner wrote:
................The Saunders forum here is run more by people who just love Goldwings and not looking for anything in return, period.

This place gives the membership much more and for free. I don't know where the money comes from to keep this forum/site going, but the commercial forums could well learn some lessons from it.........................
It is supported by donations. At the bottom of most any page, you will see a small in-obtrusive green button labeled Please Donate

The server was recently upgraded from a server that had many forums sharing cpu time on it, to a dedicated high speed server just for us. Last year's NASSIR event donated $2,000 towards replacing the server.

NASSIR II will be in Montrose, CO this coming week of Sept 14-18th. Why not try to make it? just check the Events/NASSIR threads.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.